News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

When are they going to remove the "building for lease" sign? It's deceiving.

Rogers should hoist a new City TV Coming Soon sign. What's going on?

2009????

Why is EVERYTHING SO SLOW IN TORONTO???

They're pretty much building an entire tv network here. All the studios and control rooms need to be built, not to mention reconfiguring the torch building before they start installing any of the equipment. I think 2009 is pretty optimistic considering they haven't gained possession of the building yet.

When are they going to remove the "building for lease" sign? It's deceiving.

Rogers should hoist a new City TV Coming Soon sign. What's going on?

The building isn't Rogers' yet. It's 99% confirmed that its theirs, but the lawyers are doing their thing right now.

I'm sure that once Rogers takes ownership, they'll start work immediately.

The building isn't Rogers' yet. It's 99% confirmed that its theirs, but the lawyers are doing their thing right now.

I'm sure that once Rogers takes ownership, they'll start work immediately.

I'd say that Rogers owns it, City TV and Fido ads are on the Video board and Global is now on the Toronto Life Square board. There is a lot of work to do to convert it to a studio...lets not forget the design and permitting process.

I'd say that Rogers owns it, City TV and Fido ads are on the Video board and Global is now on the Toronto Life Square board. There is a lot of work to do to convert it to a studio...lets not forget the design and permitting process.

I'll ask my friend. Last time her and I talked about it a couple of weeks ago, the paperwork was still being done and Rogers' hadn't taken ownership.

Hey everyone.

I walked by it yesterday and saw they have cleared out the main floor. Saw a few workers inside removing some displays.

I live just down the street, so I'll try to get some pics of the progress.

I heard the guy on CityTV say something was happening tonight, and he would have to get his tools to begin some type of demo work at the site...

Be patient. It's only next year.

Somehow I still sense that it won't be ready until New Year's Eve 2009?

A year is a LONG time...heck, people can build a building in one year (except the digging)....

But then, seeing that they spend 6-9 months just to put up the billboards on TLS, I guess everything is slow in Toronto

there was a BT promo on today that showed a clip of Dina and Kevin chatting about their official wrecking party at the Torch to launch construction... so it's begun!

They talk all about it here:

http://videotoronto.citytv.com/?fr_chl=d2410c2d5623c6a0df39f08bb9ad2e32976451fa

Did I hear wrecking party? I hope they are serious about the wrecking part.

Nice thought Alvin. They're wrecking the interior only. It happened between 4pm and 9pm and it was a chance for the CityTv staff to see the building.

The building is now Rogers' :D ... now hopefully somebody (Cadillac Fairview?) can buy PenEquity's last stand: Toronto Life Square.

Back