News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm not expecting these studios to have an audience space or anything like that. It would probably fit a small studio ensemble like a couch or news desk and some cameras on the other side.

I was told this by somebody who works at Rogers. She was comfortable telling me because she says most people at the head office know anyway. If anybody knows anybody who works there, maybe we could work to get a confirmation or more details. I only know this one girl from my days at CFMT.

I tend to agree with CDL- the floorplate would be ridiculously small- probably not much more than 100 ft. square.- I don't suggest they cannot do it, but it seems odd, if anything not that practical. Unless, you follow the concept of the torch, in that you create a reversed cone, thus creating larger floorplates as they rise.

p5

I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm not expecting these studios to have an audience space or anything like that. It would probably fit a small studio ensemble like a couch or news desk and some cameras on the other side.

I was told this by somebody who works at Rogers. She was comfortable telling me because she says most people at the head office know anyway. If anybody knows anybody who works there, maybe we could work to get a confirmation or more details. I only know this one girl from my days at CFMT.

I would think there would be at least some minimal space for audiences. That's a big part of how they do things.

Maybe it would be a standing space for weather reports or quick news flashes with a view to the square. Those don't require audiences.

She said cylinder, could be a cone though. That would indeed make more sense because you'd get a larger space at the top.

Maybe it would be a standing space for weather reports or quick news flashes with a view to the square. Those don't require audiences.

She said cylinder, could be a cone though. That would indeed make more sense because you'd get a larger space at the top.

What about all their TV shows? Cityline, etc.?

A big part of the whole City environment is the audience interaction - both the audience inside and on the street.

I don't think these would be the only studios though.
there are large spaces on the ground level (former Olympic shop) or on the roof (Podium Restaurant).

Whatever happens though, I hope Rogers updates CityTV's look a bit more. I'm tired of their dark news studios.

I wonder if OMNI and City will share the same english newscast with OMNI producing separate multi-lingual newscasts for other time slots.

What about all their TV shows? Cityline, etc.? A big part of the whole City environment is the audience interaction - both the audience inside and on the street.
Marily Denis has announced that she is leaving CityLine so the future of that show is in limbo.

Whatever happens though, I hope Rogers updates CityTV's look a bit more. I'm tired of their dark news studios.
I wonder if OMNI and City will share the same english newscast with OMNI producing separate multi-lingual newscasts for other time slots.
OMNI has never had an english newscast, nor is it part of their license. While there's nothing stopping Rogers from putting the City-TV newscast on OMNI as well, I'd think they'd just rather run revenue-rich U.S. syndicated fare as they've always done.

if CityLine does continue which i hope because its only one of the few canadian talk shows we have, i would hope that they have a bigger studio space to fit more audience in because at the Queen St location is is very crammed in. Also if CityLine is cancelled i would hope rogers steps up to the plate and create a good Talk Show that people would watch with lots of space to have a nice set etc. I think Canada deserves talk shows like Montel, Ellen, Rachel Ray, oprah etc.

Well, even if Cityline is gone I can't imagine they wouldn't have some audience space for other shows and potential future shows. It doesn't seem to make much sense.

The studios by the Queen St. windows aren't the only studios in the current building. I don't see why these "torch" studios would be.

Marilyn Dennis is leaving? That sucks... she's one of the few excellent talents that City should hold on tight to. I guess she needs to retire at some point.

The studios by the Queen St. windows aren't the only studios in the current building. I don't see why these "torch" studios would be.

Marilyn Dennis is leaving? That sucks... she's one of the few excellent talents that City should hold on tight to. I guess she needs to retire at some point.

Ah, I see...so this is referring specifically to studios in the "torch" section of the building. In that case I agree it likely won't have studio space. I'd expect that on the ground level.

Ah, I see...so this is referring specifically to studios in the "torch" section of the building. In that case I agree it likely won't have studio space. I'd expect that on the ground level.

A studio can be as small as a place just big enough for a camera, lights, and an x on the floor for the 'talent' to stand on. They'll have multiple studios in the building, some large and open to the public, others small. I would assume there will be one small studio high up over the square for sweeping background shots of crowds whenever there's a big event going on that they want to televise.

Back