News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

With the hoarding coming down, there doesn't seem to be any work done on the so called radio station moving in to the tower part. They haven't even removed the "Podium Cafe" signs.:confused:

I believe the podium has served as the construction office during the construction in the main part of the building.

Aug 28

IMG_aug-28-09-0012.jpg

A movable wall
IMG_aug-28-09-0013.jpg

IMG_aug-28-09-0014.jpg

You can see the seating area pass the kitchen set
IMG_aug-28-09-0015.jpg

You can see the seating area pass the kitchen set
IMG_aug-28-09-0016.jpg

IMG_aug-28-09-0017.jpg

IMG_aug-28-09-0018.jpg

IMG_aug-28-09-0019.jpg

IMG_aug-28-09-0020.jpg

The red trim would look better than the white
IMG_aug-28-09-0021.jpg

IMG_aug-28-09-0022.jpg

Seems to me that the roof of the stage will block their view of the center of the square.

Is that roof temporary?

Nice pics btw.

There's alot of work to go on that place. Are they going to really be ready by September? Then again they are promoting their moving in Monday...Judging by their Citynews ads

Last edited:
Tuesday September 8th, this is CityTV from Dundas Square....Everywhere!

It is official.

Tuesday September 8th, CityTV will start broadcasting from its new home in Dundas Square. The inside is pretty much ready to go....the outside will take a little longer, but there is no worry about it not being perfect right now.

CityNews is running a week long series on its past, present and future. See it at http://citynews.video.citytv.com/video/36386343001/Citytv-on-the-Move-Pt-1/

Nice to see these improvements. The black glassy base looks sharp. This building is still filed under "embarrassing", but it's moving in the right direction. Thanks for the update, drum.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, there's a horrible lag in the loading. It's unwatchable right now. Funny how the ad loads every time though...

It's loading perfectly for me. Could it be your connection?

The black cladding around the curved windows part of the bottom really helps break up the monotony of the gray. Rogers would do well to also re-clad the curved windows part of the top in black to accomplish the same. Combined with the re-cladding of the torch base in red, imo this would really help turn the building into a more visually interesting collection of forms and colours.

I called City TV yesterday to find out if they planned to cover those huge HVAC units on the roof, I hate so much. I was passed on to 3 different people, all of whom seemed irritated to be asked questions. None of them seemed to know anything about it or anything else about the building. The last woman told me she would get someone to call me right back. (someone who knows the answers) That was about 25 hours ago. Who thinks I'll get a call back? I'm holding my breath but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. lol

I called City TV yesterday to find out if they planned to cover those huge HVAC units on the roof, I hate so much. I was passed on to 3 different people, all of whom seemed irritated to be asked questions. None of them seemed to know anything about it or anything else about the building. The last woman told me she would get someone to call me right back. (someone who knows the answers) That was about 25 hours ago. Who thinks I'll get a call back? I'm holding my breath but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. lol

You should have said your from a University newspaper, and wanted to do a story on them moving in. Then during your little Q&A you mention the HVAC if the would be cover up ;)

Back