News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

i LOVE this idea. toronto needs something similar to nyc. in nyc, most of the networks are by times square. it works great since it has great traffic and it gives dundas square more of the times square look

i LOVE this idea. toronto needs something similar to nyc. in nyc, most of the networks are by times square. it works great since it has great traffic and it gives dundas square more of the times square look

why do we need to look like another city? Toronto is Toronto. Ny is Ny and Paris is Paris. All great cities are noted for their originality not for their ability to copy the look of another city.

why do we need to look like another city? Toronto is Toronto. Ny is Ny and Paris is Paris. All great cities are noted for their originality not for their ability to copy the look of another city.
well not exactly...just its a good example. just like how other countries look up to Canada/USA

I can see the trolley wire support to the left, just above the camera.
IMG_sept-05-090128.jpg

Too bad the Dundas streetcar doesn't use Victoria Street for a regular short turn service any more. It would be used only for irregular short turns only.

Having watched CityNews in the new studios, I have a high degree of confidence that Rogers will spare little expense in making the exterior of the building beautiful and turning it into an iconic structure.

It may not happen immediately, but this building will evolve to become a landmark that will anchor Yonge Dundas Square.

The studios are gorgeous and cutting edge in technology. I'm thoroughly impressed!

Having watched CityNews in the new studios, I have a high degree of confidence that Rogers will spare little expense in making the exterior of the building beautiful and turning it into an iconic structure.

It may not happen immediately, but this building will evolve to become a landmark that will anchor Yonge Dundas Square.

The studios are gorgeous and cutting edge in technology. I'm thoroughly impressed!

I think I wrote something similar way back when. When Rogers does something, they do it well. They don't mess around. It's a shame the exterior wasn't just a little further along, but that's nit-picking.

Watching the 6pm broadcast was impressive except for the HD camera being used in Y+D Square with Gord, it was extremely soft, the edges on objects were wobbly and the colour was off. Back in the studio the images from the cameras, lighting and backgrounds looked stunning in HD.

I think the one missed opportunity is that a floor or two should have been added for more studio space above. The ground floor studio offers considerably limited views of the area, it may have been better served as a lobby, gift shop area and offices. Although I guess it could be argued that a studio is still connected to the street.

All 'round very impressive though. I look forward to seeing the evolution of that former eyesore and as MetroMan states, I think we'll have little to squawk about when the exterior is complete.

Last edited:
Watching the 6pm broadcast was impressive except for the HD camera being used in Y+D Square with Gord, it was extremely soft, the edges on objects were wobbly and the colour was off. Back in the studio the images from the cameras, lighting and backgrounds looked stunning in HD.
Same thing last night on the 6:00pm broadcast. Hopefully they are just working out some kinks on the new wireless HD cameras.

Wireless HD cameras use MJPEG compression for transmission, unlike SD cameras which transmit a baseband signal.

I walked by City TV today and saw a lot of people milling around, including John Tory. After looking at the HVAC units for a while and feeling irritated, I decided to go in to ask about them.

I saw one construction-looking guy sitting down, so I asked him if the units would be covered. His response was "I don't know". So I asked another guy who said "I don't think so". Third guy I asked was very clear, "they will not be covered up. They will be left just the way they are". So I guess that's the end of that. I told them I though that was dreadful!

I wanted to scream, DAMN YOU CITY TV, while they were filming John Tory live, but I chickened out! I'm a wimp and not proud of it either. lol I wish I had the balls to jump in front of that camera and tell the world, CITY TV AND ROGERS SUCK!

I saw one construction-looking guy sitting down, so I asked him if the units would be covered. His response was "I don't know". So I asked another guy who said "I don't think so". Third guy I asked was very clear, "they will not be covered up. They will be left just the way they are". So I guess that's the end of that. I told them I though that was dreadful!

Maybe they can make it the HVAC units look part of the design of the building, just like how people leave ductwork exposed as part of the design of a room to give that industrial look.

Maybe they can make it the HVAC units look part of the design of the building, just like how people leave ductwork exposed as part of the design of a room to give that industrial look.

Maybe if they did something creative to incorporate it but they're not. They are just leaving it as is. It was bad as the torch, at twice the size, it's overwhelming and ugly to boot.

Maybe if they did something creative to incorporate it but they're not. They are just leaving it as is. It was bad as the torch, at twice the size, it's overwhelming and ugly to boot.

Who really know if the guy you where talking to even knew what they where doing. For all we know maybe he just gussed.

On another note, does anyone here know when they are planing to launch the "Citynews Toronto" channel? Any rumour at all?

It baffles me how construction personnel have no idea what the building will look like when completed and what the full construction plan includes.

How do you construct the building and not know this? Shocking and rather ignorant to be honest.

Back