News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I was dancing in between Melissa and Nalini in the building last Friday morning so some are definitely happy...I know I was (lol). But seriously, which former CITYtv personalities do you 'think' might jump the CTV ship once their contract is up? Maybe Anne Rohmer but apart from her, I do not see any of the younger personalities on CP24 returning to Citytv as they now have more say on things (versus CITYtv where the power is concentrated with the veterans such as Anne M., Gord, Lara, Pam, etc.).

You work for CTV? If you do, would you know what their plans are for the former newsroom?

would you know what their plans are for the former newsroom?

I hear it will soon be occupied by a news network that reports on business in Canada ;)

Last edited:
I was dancing in between Melissa and Nalini in the building last Friday morning so some are definitely happy...I know I was (lol). But seriously, which former CITYtv personalities do you 'think' might jump the CTV ship once their contract is up? Maybe Anne Rohmer but apart from her, I do not see any of the younger personalities on CP24 returning to Citytv as they now have more say on things (versus CITYtv where the power is concentrated with the veterans such as Anne M., Gord, Lara, Pam, etc.).

There is always power concentrated with veteran news anchor in any station, why do you think Anne Rohmer still hold Lead Anchor position when it could have gone to someone else:rolleyes:

^ I actually like that. Citytv seems to have returned to their roots: the underdog, starting from a single station reporting news from within the city, with Torontonians as part of the background.
That's a bit of a stretch. There's little sign of City returning to its roots as it increasingly being programmed as a femeale-skewing speciality channel with a glossy, but useless newcast. I can't remember a time where City was more distanced from the streets of T.O. and operating in its own little bubble.

I don't think the former Citytv personalities are going to party, but CTV would. Its still going to take them time to clear and rebuild the newsroom set for whatever their planing
Much Music will be taking over the old CityNews room. Basically "the environment" will be twice the size and all the desks at the back of the current environment will be moved into the old CityNews room and the "on-air" environment at the front will be doubled. I believe they are going to be taking down the wall inbetween (or at least part of it). I've also heard the news of Bravo and MTV swapping spots is not happening, at least not now.

She doesn't, what are you talking about?

She still label as "Lead Anchor" on the CP24 site, and yes it is up to date to show that she on CP24 Breakfast as well as "Lead Anchor".

That's a bit of a stretch. There's little sign of City returning to its roots as it increasingly being programmed as a femeale-skewing speciality channel with a glossy, but useless newcast. I can't remember a time where City was more distanced from the streets of T.O. and operating in its own little bubble.

Majority of T.V. viewers are female. But what i think MetroMan means is that Citytv has lost 22 (25 if you include MuchMusic) years of their history when CTV bought out all the other channels other than City, they didn't even talk about Anne Rohmer and her part in BT:rolleyes:. So they are in a way going back to pre-CHUM days

Yes, that's what I meant CodeMonkey. Citytv is now just a single station "starting from scratch". Of course they are no longer mocked as the startup news station they were 30 something years ago. They're a Toronto staple. But it's nice to see them return to their roots and start up from there.

As for losing their connection with people, I don't agree. Their shows have consistently had viewer input, once over the phone and now through viewer submitted news, email comments, etc.

They're moving into Y&D Sq. and they're already showing a new urge to go out onto the street to speak and interact with Torontonians live on the air. That'll be easier than ever with Canada's busiest pedestrian intersection just steps away.

I'll be looking forward to tonight's final CityNews from 299 Queen West and watching it from the new station tomorrow.

^^^

It's going to take sometime for Citytv to not only rebuild their history, but their image. However, If Rogers is planing Citytv to become a full out network like CTV i would say its going to at least take ~10 years before we see any signs of that occurring.

Much Music will be taking over the old CityNews room.

Do you work for CTV or Rogers?

If Rogers is planing Citytv to become a full out network like CTV i would say its going to at least take ~10 years before we see any signs of that occurring.

They already have a network of CITY TV stations across Canada.

Last edited:
I think we should create a new thread/poll on guessing what CTV is going todo with the former newsroom.

I was looking forward to a big reveal on the end result of the exterior transformation. I don't think we'll see that if the promo for tonight's piece on the new studios is any clue.

According to my sources, a lot of change is yet to come, namely on the base of the tower and the tower itself. I'd love to see what exactly that transformation will look like.

Back