News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

can confirm sign is being installed right now. Well sort of. The support structure is being installed today, I believe actual sign will be tomorrow.

EXgeMMy, thanks for the update. Did you hear the chatter about the digital displays on the torch? That's plural.

My neighbour who was part of the transition team says she's heard discussions about wrapping the torch in digital displays that would replace the current one and the big vertical billboard. She's not privy to details on the building, this is just office chatter, do you know anybody who is and may have more solid info?

EXgeMMy, thanks for the update. Did you hear the chatter about the digital displays on the torch? That's plural.

My neighbour who was part of the transition team says she's heard discussions about wrapping the torch in digital displays that would replace the current one and the big vertical billboard. She's not privy to details on the building, this is just office chatter, do you know anybody who is and may have more solid info?

To be honest, they don't tell us grunt workers much. My info comes from random e-mails we get from management or from what I actually see everyday at work. Tony Viner one of the big people at Rogers Media officially resigned today. With Shaws purchase of Canwest now official, it'll be interesting to see how things playout.

Oh I should note that we recorded a time lapse of the sign install which will probably air on BT tomorrow.

Cool. They need to shake things up. I understand the downsizing and to a degree I think it's necessary to start from the basics and build from there. That said, Rogers needs to recognize the principal behind getting this location. They're not mining even a minuscule portion of its potential at this point. Ted Rogers saw this as Rogers big coming out as a TV production house and the face of the parent company. However, it seems that after his death, only the necessary work needed to put the new station together was done and the original ambition was lost.

That media tower has the potential to become an icon in Toronto, the beacon of Yonge-Dundas Sq. PenEquity eff'd it up and so far Rogers hasn't done any different.

If the office chatter is correct though, a torch wrapped in displays will have the ability to stand out as the icon that it was meant to be.

the most recent render that was shown to staff (3 months ago) only showed the view from Yonge & Dundas so got no idea if they want to wrap it.

The whole exterior is a mess. They aren't even running the city tv website on the ticker yet.

Rogers has said straight out to staff they only care about balancing books. There will be no creativity for some time, only corporate blowjobs. e.g. see our special on the opening of Rock of Ages on Tuesday.

Tony Viner one of the big people at Rogers Media officially resigned today. With Shaws purchase of Canwest now official, it'll be interesting to see how things playout.

Any relation to Peter Viner? I worked with him at Global Television for a long time.

On Breakfast Television, they showed the moving banners outside.

67t8x4.jpg

wvsr5x.jpg

14nd8ap.jpg

From what I see, it still doesn't look like they put it up. The banner, super cool!!! But it seems like Rogers loves to advertise OMNI more than CityTV. Bad mistake!

From what I see, it still doesn't look like they put it up. The banner, super cool!!! But it seems like Rogers loves to advertise OMNI more than CityTV. Bad mistake!

I did hear something about it being installed this week...we'll see but it sounded like the torch itself had to be structurally modified (over the past while) to handle the loads that the sign (mounted at the top) will create from wind loads etc.

it would be nice if they turned the roofs into green-roofs that were open to the public.

it would be nice if they turned the roofs into green-roofs that were open to the public.

It would be nice if they at least covered up those ugly, monster HVAC units. I still can't believe they are just leaving them like that. Shame on Rogers and City TV.

Back