News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Oh what's that one in Kingston? It's a university dorm on Princess Street...Queen's grads anyone?? It sticks out like a sore thumb in the fairly lowrise limestone city.

Oh what's that one in Kingston? It's a university dorm on Princess Street...Queen's grads anyone?? It sticks out like a sore thumb in the fairly lowrise limestone city.

Oh yeah, yeah. The Nightmare on Princess Street, so to speak. Kinda like sticking Blue Cheer's "Summertime Blues" in the middle of a Classical 96.3 music set...

DSCN1164.jpg

^Looks like one way traffic on either side of an island. Here's hoping this island will soon be home to streetcar tracks...

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

DSCN1169.jpg

DSCN1164.jpg

^Looks like one way traffic on either side of an island. Here's hoping this island will soon be home to streetcar tracks...

What a great new perspective.

I really hope that they build the tracks in the middle of this street (ROW) along with the construction of the street rather then after-the-fact. Also,

Does anyone know when this road will be open for use? Does anyone know if the road will have bike-lane/shoulders? If not, it will go a long way to proving that Toronto is not committed to its bike strategy in the slightest.

The existing bit of Fort York Blvd has bike lanes. I would wager that this street will have them as well.

I think the Black cladding on Montage is gonna look really sharp. I hope the faux brick on Neo doesn't spoil anything :eek:

I'm concerned that Montage is looking rather dull. I like the two textures on Neo, and I like the render of the original plan for Montage where that same fake red brick shows up on the south side of the lower half of the building. That really looked sharp, and in removing that design element from that tower they may have killed the family resemblance that was to knit it and the slab together. I'm not so hopeful for this one at the moment...

I'm concerned that Montage is looking rather dull. I like the two textures on Neo, and I like the render of the original plan for Montage where that same fake red brick shows up on the south side of the lower half of the building. That really looked sharp, and in removing that design element from that tower they may have killed the family resemblance that was to knit it and the slab together. I'm not so hopeful for this one at the moment...

I didn't know there was a design change. I thought they were still doing the brick but I had heard it was going to 'faux brix...' I agree, the mixture of the two textures would have created an interesting conversation between material types on the south side of the building. I was more concerned with how fake brick could look cheap and tacky. Thats really too bad, this was the one pseudo non-glass box tower in the complex.

It's no secret I'm not a fan of CityPlace (especially from street level)... but boy does it look impressive from the air.

cityplaceair.jpg

^You can really see how the new street will dissect it... and as usual traffic is going no where fast on Spadina.

(photo taken from SkyBean at SSC)

Back