News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Though it doesn't exactly pertain to Montage, I have some updates about Cityplace as a whole.

The Portland Street Pedestrian Bridge is a GO. It will be 6.5 meters wide and will extend from Front St. to the base of Parade. Cityplace is currently waiting on GO Transit who are building a small extension and a new tunnel in that area.

The new park design is also a go and will be presented at a public meeting in around 2 weeks. Interesting to note that the berm at the south-west side of the site will be taller than the Gardiner which is between 4-5 stories.

Panorama has also just received a height variance which allows them to add an additional four floors to their current 24 for a total of 28. They are finished excavation here and should have a crane in place by the end of the month.

A small debate came to fruition about the nature of the Signature Tower design. It was actually confirmed lately that there is currently NO DESIGN for this building so what we have seen in pictures is purely for massing and rendering purposes only.

In a similar note...
The Loblaws at Bathurst and Lakeshore is all but dead. This comes in the wake of some corporate restructuring within Loblaws so the plan is currently shelved with no resurrection in the foreseeable future. This news is from the mouth of Vaughn himself so it seems pretty reliable.

Great update! Many thanks. Where BTW are you getting this info from?

here's a neat pic showing Montage amid lots of other things, posted on SSP by our own caltrane, originally by mkimagery@flickr...

2424004981_5548d81d32_b.jpg

The same stoners who snuck to the top of Verve a few weeks back have struck again!

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2282copy.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2257copy.jpg

IMG_2253copy.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2250copy.jpg

IMG_2241copy.jpg

IMG_2232copy.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

Awesome job random stoned stair-climbing guys. I wonder which great height they'll think to reach next week. . . . .

Athought Jimbo said it best that video-taping [photographing] a crime spree is the greatest idea he's ever had... I wonder if these guys will get in to trouble for their photography/trespassing efforts. I hope not. Awesome vantages and I love their fascination with streetcars.

Looks like a case of Urban Infiltration.

So long as they don't break or steal anything, they are carrying on an old tradition of exploring forbidden places.

Cool photos.

Is that luna at ground level, and is that big hole parade?

Other than trespassing charges, could they get actually into some serious trouble?

If construction sites aren't adequately secured when there is no one working I often wonder what's wrong with me taking a quick peek at my own risk...

^^^^ becides the fact that you could get yourself killed, their are MAJOR fines for getting caught on a construction site without proper safey equipment and training,

Thanks a lot for these great pics from high and above! really appreciated!

Back