News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

If you want a box to sleep in buy it; if you want a box to live in buy at Victory, FashionHouse, etc.

If you trust Made in China quality, buy it; if you prefer Made in Canada, look elsewhere.

Otherwise, read through all the UT cityplace development threads, do extensive DD--on facebook, google, asking the residents at CP if the area's any good (try that coffee shop by CP), etc.

^really hope you get a job. Your brand of narcissism has introduced a new kind of internet Toronto "white noise" spam bordering on troll-ish interruptions

Simply put, if you have some useful to say, say it... without footnoting what a smart investor you are or how you chose Madras Orange for the bathroom... or how desperately you need to consume bandwidth.

Your recent photo-tours (not well-received by yours truly) will no doubt make this post seem excessively harsh. I'll risk it.

Just contribute to Toronto, and throw the mirror in the dumpster. You seem like a smart guy, act like it... without expecting/demanding it.

I'll bet you'll be an Interchange 42 only better in the future (that guy never posts pictures!). Once your posts become about Toronto, not you.

^Sorry. Not my style. I believe in writing about my view of Toronto, showing my view of Toronto; not yours, not joe public. Mine.

I am not a team player. But I live by the mantra that any attention is good attention. Glad you're watching.:)

Back on topic, I was merely saying that some locals view CP as garbage. I am a fence sitter--it certainly makes Toronto seem like a larger city from the Gardiner, but at the same time, it seems isolated from the bustle of Toronto. Maybe some like it that way? Cool.

At the end of the day, it's not where you live that matters but how you live.

Relax folks, I'm here to help.:)

oh btw, 3D do you know anyone that's hiring?

Hello everyone, I just came across this site. I have agreed to purchase a unit at the Neo from via an assignment. Since I am a little late in the game, I never saw the sales presentation or got any information from City Place as they stated the project is sold out and were not really interested in wasting time with me if I was not going to buy a new one from them directly.

I was wondering if anyone who purchased in the Neo from the Sales Centre could let me know a little bit about the project. For example finishes, amenities, future plans for the adjacent lands.

Any information (good or bad) anyone has would be really appreciated as I would like to make an informed decision before I go ahead with the deal.

Thank you!

You probably should have asked this in the real estate section.

Most of your questions can be answered on by checking out the official website. It's not linked to, but is still online at: http://www.cityplace.ca/neo/

You can also find out more info about the shared ammenities at: http://www.cityplace.ca/montage/

Yet more info can be found at the architect's (KPMB) website:
http://kpmb.com/index.asp?navid=30&fid1=20&fid2=43&fid3=11&minyearx=&maxyearx=

I have a bunch of photos of the finishes available / some old photos from the model suite here.

Hope that helps. Welcome to Urban Toronto.

316129079.jpg

Thank you very much the pics really helped better understand the finishes and layout. Looks a little bit smaller than I thought (based on floor plan). Are all the pics of the showroom of the Neo or the Montage as well? Do you know which floor plan they used for the Model Suite? My understanding is that it was the One bedroom plus den. Thanks!

Thank you very much the pics really helped better understand the finishes and layout. Looks a little bit smaller than I thought (based on floor plan). Are all the pics of the showroom of the Neo or the Montage as well? Do you know which floor plan they used for the Model Suite? My understanding is that it was the One bedroom plus den. Thanks!

Some pics were from Montage, some from Neo. They share the same finishes for the most part. The model suite is from Neo and is the 1+den unit that is 733sqrft(+97 sqrft balcony). For that one, living/dining room is about 10x24 ft.

I am a fence sitter--it certainly makes Toronto seem like a larger city from the Gardiner, but at the same time, it seems isolated from the bustle of Toronto. Maybe some like it that way? Cool.

At the end of the day, it's not where you live that matters but how you live.

oh btw, 3D do you know anyone that's hiring?

While I don't always agree with Urbandreamer, I do appreciate your voice on this forum (even if it sometimes get repetitive). And I'm with you on CityPlace -- I'm a fence sitter.

I don't pretend to be an astute urban critic or architecture guru. I like what I like and assess urbanity based on a subjective or qualitative feel. When it comes to City Place I get torn. The architecture is getting better with every project and Montage, for my money, is a fine tower. And City Place is so isolated from the rest of the city even though it is close to a lot of things. In order to avoid writing another essay on what that means I think it means this part of the city is a work in progress. It will probably be a work in progress for the next two or three development cycles. I watch the development of City Place with excitement, cautious optimism and a harsh critical tone. This type of infill is so unique for Toronto and I enjoy, as an urban observer with a digital camera and interest in urban policy, watching the city grow.

I am really looking forward to seeing City Place in the summer. There will be more people out, more things to do and more years under the belt of this development. We might even see some signs of life on the streets and signals of this neighbourhood in action.... or maybe not.

It's difficult for me to be too critical about CP considering what it's replacing.

I think you're right on when you say it will be a work in progress for a couple cycles. It may be isolated now but given time it will be assimilated by the city, just like everything else around it. A pedestrian bridge here - a streetcar there - etc.

I would highly suggest you talk to people who actually live in cityplace, for some actual meaningful opinions. Most of the ones here, ie urbandreamer's, are based on virtually nothing.

Like I've always said, I have yet to meet a single person living in cityplace who doesn't absolutely love it. And that's no exageration.

Hey I rather like Montage: CP's best building so far. Its dramatic, dark facade is very chic. And from the Gardiner at night, the "light boxes" on top of W1/2 look very cool. From the latest photo above, it even looks bold and bad: giving the middle finger salute to clubland? And the girls of CP are hot: I'm actually kinda jealous of you CP dwellers.:)

It's just a pity there isn't a tower above the Sobey's grocery store site--the low-rise building just south of Montage the tower.

Gei,

I currently live in the area. I live at WaterPark City down the street on Fort York Blvd. I understand come of the concerns people have about the area etc. I personally like living in the city yet feeling like I am still out of the city. While I am further west than the Neo, I still walk to Queens Quay or to China Town or the Theatre District to see some shows.

I have seen the future plans for the land from Spadina to Bathurst and I believe it is impressive. Also, concrete place by WaterPark City will be parkland once all the construction is completed down that way.

Currently with the inability of the thruway because of the bridge at Bathurst there is a separation, however, that will be made a thruway once all the construction is done which will allow two possible entrances to Neo (via Spadina or Bathurst).

I am also an Development Accountant for a Developer (Condominiums) and have purchased a pre-construction condo before and am currently renting one that I took possession of the same day possession it was made available to the owner. Based on my experience personally and professionally, there are always going to be issues and not everyone is going to be happy.

I admit, I don't know too much about City Place and have been reading up and think based on what I have seen go up and what the future plans are, that City Place's development west of Spadina is going to be a lot different than the existing design west of Spadina.

There will more interesting building design (Parade) and park lands etc. I find (which is why I was never initially interested in City Place) it very cold and concrete like by the Rogers Centre.

My objective on this Forum is just to gather information on the Neo project as the Neo website does not disclose a lot of information as it is all sold out and that is not their primary concern at this time. Also, as I stated before, I went to the Sales Presentation Centre and they could not really help me the Agents there were not around when Neo was released and were, and understandably so, concerned in selling me a new Unit to get a commission.

I thank everyone for all the information they have provided and any further information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

My objective on this Forum is just to gather information on the Neo project as the Neo website does not disclose a lot of information as it is all sold out and that is not their primary concern at this time. Also, as I stated before, I went to the Sales Presentation Centre and they could not really help me the Agents there were not around when Neo was released and were, and understandably so, concerned in selling me a new Unit to get a commission.

I thank everyone for all the information they have provided and any further information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Avatarreb is right - these questions belong in the Real Estate section of the forum.

I bought a unit in Optima(right next to rogers center) a few years ago, it was a value/location purchase. So i wont complain much, i dont have much issues with cityplace, i got what i was expecting, but i would like some more commercial development to take place in the area.

btw anyone know when Sobeys is scheduled to be open?

Back