News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Took a tour today. Will need a little more attention before it becomes anything special.

Heading west from Yonge. Freshly paved.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(1).jpg

Past ACC. Nothing new here.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(2).jpg

MLSE under construction. This part is closed off.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(3).jpg

West past York Street.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(4).jpg

South of Infinity Condo. Landscaping underway.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(6).jpg

West past Lower Simcoe.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(7).jpg

South of the Roadhouse.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(8).jpg

Towards Rees Street
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(11).jpg

At Rees and Lakeshore.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(12).jpg

West of Rees
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(13).jpg

City Place section underway.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(14).jpg

Access is open through HVE even though not finished. Looking east towards Rees.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(15).jpg

Back of CIty Place HVE. Landscaping was going on today.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(18).jpg

Looking back from Spadina. This section should look good when fully landscaped.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(20).jpg

Next section on the west side of Spadina coming sooner or later.
SouthLinearPark-July15,07(19).jpg

The end.

the next graffiti alley?

looks like something many spray cans of colourful paint could fix;)

seriously, what an eyesore!

thanks for the pix though--i'll try and get some photos going and stop being an armchair critic....

Seems like an afterthought to me, but when the landscaping is done maybe it will look nicer.

Why asphalt though?! Why?!

the next graffiti alley?

Sadly, that's what I was thinking. Some little taggers have already shown up at the scene and market out their little names.

Hopefully they can plant some hardy wall crawling vines at the base of some of those ugly blank walls.

They told us to stop having our dogs pee in front of the amenity building at HVE, and use the linear park behind the amenity building, which is dirt and not landscaped. Even my dog won't pee in that!

Thanks for the tour! It's obviously unfinished, so it's impossible to judge. I hope it turns out well. The pumping station really is brutal, though. I wonder what they could do with it if we ever do something about the Gardiner.

At least there is a pedestrian link there - but yes, the bit beside the pumping station stretches the term 'park' beyond its ability to describe it.

Well, not much else could really have been done in the tight space. I like that there is a link from Yonge to Spadina (and eventually across to Bathurst). Perhaps one day there will be a further link to the Distillery???

It's nothing special but it seems appropriate. Given all the construction that is taking place now, and will take place in the future, including tearing down the Gardiner perhaps, why invest a lot of money when sections of it will probably just be ripped up in a few years anyways.

Back