News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So is there gonna be a pedestrian bridge across Spadina to continue this trail?

I've heard rumors that concord was going to put something like this in. It's going to be necessary... all those cityplace residents on the east side of spadina will have no easy way to get to the new park on the west side, and the new grocery store/lcbo that's supposed to be over on that side too.

So is there gonna be a pedestrian bridge across Spadina to continue this trail?

I've heard rumors that concord was going to put something like this in. It's going to be necessary... all those cityplace residents on the east side of spadina will have no easy way to get to the new park on the west side, and the new grocery store/lcbo that's supposed to be over on that side too.

Well, they could press the crosswalk button and cross Spadina and walk west to the LCBO and park?????? The bridge crosses the rail corridor to the north end of the development and ends up pretty much on Front St. It is a north / south bridge not east / west.

Yeah, I doubt that there will be any pedestrian bridge at the Spadina end of this linear park. Pedestrians will have to head up Spadina a bit and cross at the lights. My only hope is that they create a cross walk along the south side of this intersection. As it is right now, one has to cross on the north side only. It would be foolish not to have a south cross walk.

Now, if we could only get the city to pretty up the underside of the Gardiner running along that same section. Spadina really is a gateway to the downtown off of the Gardiner. It should look a lot more attractive there than anywhere else (with the exception of Yonge) simply because of this fact.

Now, if we could only get the city to pretty up the underside of the Gardiner running along that same section. Spadina really is a gateway to the downtown off of the Gardiner. It should look a lot more attractive there than anywhere else (with the exception of Yonge) simply because of this fact.

Actually, the city has done a good job with a new sidewalk I discovered on the south side of the Gardiner between Yonge and York Street. It looks like it was recently laid down. The only problem is that there an ugly city owned parking lot at underneath the fork of the Gardiner and the off ramp to Bay Street that prevents the pathway continuing onwards to Spadina.

I'm actually really impressed by the concept of this south linear park. There is now a continuous sidewalk that runs between Spadina to Yonge Street. Too bad there is not design consistency throughout the path. However major improvement to the sidewalk between Bay and Yonge Street.

Louroz

It's a start and I don't think it looks that bad. It'll also be a convenient east-west connection for cyclists looking to avoid cars for most of the ride.

it's not great, but there's a little-used bike path from york to spadina on the south side of lakeshore (after spadina it turns into a sidewalk, which is also little-used).

And the park marches west....
I don't suppose there is any chance that pedestrians/cyclists will be able to cross here (legally).

IMG_2760.jpg

And the park marches west....
I don't suppose there is any chance that pedestrians/cyclists will be able to cross here (legally).

Aside from the obvious and frankly, expected, cost-cutting, I still feel like there should have been a pedestrian bridge over Spadina at this point. Such a structure would have tied the complex together nicely.

Back