News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Renovation Software

Does anyone know where i can get the software to do interior/exterior design of a home like the ones that many builders use in their 'Virtual Tour' (e.g., Virtual Tour for Aura or Ritz-Carlton).

Does anyone know what the software is called?

Does anyone know where i can get the software to do interior/exterior design of a home like the ones that many builders use in their 'Virtual Tour' (e.g., Virtual Tour for Aura or Ritz-Carlton).

Does anyone know what the software is called?

That's a tough one because there isn't a one-stop solution.

- 3D Studio comes to mind
- Carrera
- you can also purchase textures, or entire 3D models from places like Dosch

There's a cool website that isn't as sophisticated as the renderings that a condo would have, but it allows you to draw, colour, arrnage in 2d and then transfers it all to a 3d view that you can fly into, zoom out of, circle, etc.. It's at www.floorplanner.com and I've used it to get a really good sense of what my next condo will actually look like and feel like inside. Everything is completely customizable in terms of h,l,d,w and it's free and saves your drawings too!

If you want to put a sconce on a wall that has concrete and it's too late to have wires installed you can buy flat wires to run up the wall and then you just paint over it and it's flat enough to look like party of the wall. Home depot has them I think.

It's against code (illegal) to do that. I most definitely would not recommend anyone to do that.

really? that's against OBC ?? its just like a wire running from the plug to a typical floor lamp, with the difference being the wire running on the wall vs running on the floor ~

really? that's against OBC ?? its just like a wire running from the plug to a typical floor lamp, with the difference being the wire running on the wall vs running on the floor ~

It's against the Ontario Electrical Code (and Canadian). You have to "mechanically protect" wires that you install. Imbedding a wire in your wall like that offers zero protection from something that might scrape against the wall or someone pushing a pin in to hang a picture, etc.
That flat white wire (romex) is infact not allowed in condos. It's only allowed in houses.
The code does not deal with wires that devices actually plug in with, so often it may seem silly to enforce a rule behind a wall when the wire on the other side totally contradicts it.

I was wondering.. In terms of shower / bathtub how do I know what I am getting... From what I can tell it makes no indication in the paperwork if I get a shower or a bathtub in my unit... In the "standard features" model which was my loft, it had a shower in it...

Thanks
Matt

I was wondering.. In terms of shower / bathtub how do I know what I am getting... From what I can tell it makes no indication in the paperwork if I get a shower or a bathtub in my unit... In the "standard features" model which was my loft, it had a shower in it...

Thanks
Matt

I believe there is a part of your contract that lists all of the features that will be included in your suite. Schedule B perhaps? It should list if there. You will also have a floor plan with your contract (another schedule) which you may be able to tell from that.

MattR if you're in Liberty Towers like I'm guessing, it should be Schedule "A" - which is the floorplan. It will show you what you have and where.

Ya, I'm in LT, 10/11th floor Loft.. Charlotte Model...

I don't know much about reading a floor plan... But it shows a rectangle with a large V and a smaller upside down V above it... Does that describe a bath tub or a shower?

It does say shower stalls have glass sliding door, pot light and floor to ceiling ceramic tile... No mention of a bath tub so I am going to say its a shower...

Thanks!
Matt

I don't know much about reading a floor plan... But it shows a rectangle with a large V and a smaller upside down V above it... Does that describe a bath tub or a shower?

It does say shower stalls have glass sliding door, pot light and floor to ceiling ceramic tile... No mention of a bath tub so I am going to say its a shower...

Thanks!
Matt

rectangle within a larger rectangle = tub + shower combo;

X within a rectangle = shower stall.

Thanks!
Matt

Matt ... since LT's website no longer shows your floorplan I can't say with certainty, but based on the floorplans I DO see, in units with two bathrooms, the master ensuite has a walk-in shower where as the main bath has a shower-tub

as cdr108 described above and based on your description of "a rectangle with a large V and a smaller upside down V above it", I believe you have a walk-in shower rather than a shower-tub, those 'V' lines are suppose to represent drainage groves in the shower ~

Last edited:
Ya that's what I figure... Thanks for the input!

My floor plan has never been on the website... I find the website to be on the edge of being 100% useless....

I like that frameless shower doors as well. Let me know how it works out for you.
I might get the same thing for my unit at Emerald City.

Sure. I just sent a request to the developer to NOT install the shower rod in my unit. I just have to go and source a company that can do this for me now :p

Back