News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The TTC REALLY has a hard time presenting a united front but I suppose if they say many different things at least one MIGHT be true? :->
I'm still putting my money on 2015 or 2016 ... (i.e. none of them are true!)

The signage must be mistaken. TTC confirmed just minutes ago that it's on track for August - https://twitter.com/TTChelps/status/489113337519935489
And magically, despite being on time for August a couple of days ago, the website has been changed to November and Customer Service now concurs.

Here's the sign BTW ...
King_Trinity_20140718.jpg

Attachments

• King_Trinity_20140718.jpg
    King_Trinity_20140718.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 949
As a break from the transit posts:

- Tandem Coffee has finally opened on King East at Trinity. One of the owners, Michie, will be a familiar face if you've visited either location of the Rooster Cafe in recent years, or the Black Canary cafe back when it was Bisogno. It's a cozy spot with a peaceful vibe.

- Out of curiosity, my wife and I checked out that White Elephant Thai restaurant at Queen and Parliament last week. Instead of a usual pad thai joint the focus is on Thai street food, so things like skewered grilled meats, Thai sausages, etc., as well as some noodle dishes. The food was good and the staff are very friendly, it would be nice to see the place succeed as they are in a bit of a tough location in terms of reputation.

Let's take a red brick building

PCMTbdz.jpg

and clad it in metal

5ZhCNc8.jpg

^ any idea what's opening in that? Too bad they covered up the brick, which looked to be in good shape.
It was really rather a slum and a sandwich shop, with a patio, was supposed to open there. All work seems to have stopped. More info in the St Lawrence thread as this area is NOT Corktown. UPDATE August 15. They have restarted work and it will open 'soon'.

Last edited:
Subway opening two doors down from Thor in the Streetcar building across the street from new TCHC, Tim Hortons beginning construction in the corner of the King St facing TCHC building, opposite the RC3 Sales Center at King & Lower River

Not to my knowledge

Subway opening two doors down from Thor in the Streetcar building across the street from new TCHC, Tim Hortons beginning construction in the corner of the King St facing TCHC building, opposite the RC3 Sales Center at King & Lower River

Ah yes...Subway and Tim Hortons. Was waiting for them to show up.

Time for some unfounded speculation!

The Dominion pub, as of late, has had increasingly short hours. They're opening later in the day during the week, and were closed this past weekend entirely, with "repairs". The marquee which announced times / dates of upcoming jams has sat empty for a few days as well. I know they were looking for a new chef a few months ago. Each one of these things on its own is fairly innocuous, but together they give the impression that things aren't going particularly well.

Has anybody heard anything?

dominion.jpg

Attachments

• dominion.jpg
    dominion.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 414

Back