News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yeah, I don't think he could hear very well at all. Steve kept fiddling with his earpiece, too. My favourite part was when someone asked about transit in London, England and Giambrone thought they were comparing the TTC to bus service in London, Ontario. "Well, their system is a lot smaller than ours..."

If you been paying attention to the show, you would have been well aware that CP24 was having audio problems, and the sound we were hearing was much better than the sound they those answering questions was hearing.

Were you on the streetcar or iin the control room? What sort of IFB problems were they having and why didn't the operators report it to engineering?

Were you on the streetcar or iin the control room? What sort of IFB problems were they having and why didn't the operators report it to engineering?
Uh ... they stated they were having audio problems during the broadcast. They were clearly straining to hear the questions. And when the one caller clearly said London England, it was quite evident that Giambone couldn't properly hear the question, because he thought they were talking about London, Ontario.

We all know that Giambone is well aware where Jane and Sheppard are ... and where the Sheppard LRT is being built. I don't know what the big deal here is; he simply didn't hear the question properly, and was answering what he thought he heard. It's not like it was a difficult question; he would have noted the proposed Jane LRT and their recent announcement of adding an express bus on Sheppard West. It was a very easy question to handle, so there is no motive to not answering it!

Anyone who had had an education above highschool level should be pretty practiced at seeking out the Who What Where When and Why's of the questions before they answer. She said it in the FIRST SENTENCE that she lived at JANE and Sheppard.
No, that's closer to grade 6 education actually.

I guess he was just desperately trying to advertise transit city.

I guess he was just desperately trying to advertise transit city.
As the intersection she was asking about was at the intersection of a proposed tTransit City LRT line, and a new Transit City Express bus, then surely he would have got a lot more mileage about hyping those, had he heard the question properly.

Well that's several big mistakes already. This must be a very lousy show.
Or very entertaining, depending on what you like in a show :p

EDIT: It could be playing at Horror too, seeing's how Giambrone is in charge of Toronto's transit. That'd definitely scare me

I was tempted to call in to highlight the fact that even in non rush hour conditions without stopping for passengers, the streetcar barely traveled 5 km during the entire 60 minute show, if that.

Adam Giambrone will be hosting another episode of On the Rocket tonight (Thursday, August 5) at 9pm. According to his Facebook post, "There will be some interesting guests too!"

Last edited:

Back