News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Adelaide move in-progress:

IMG_4292.jpeg

According to TOInview, that stretch of Adelaide is scheduled for resurfacing this year. I figured they would have waited on the bike lane shift until the resurfacing work was done, as all that fresh paint is likely going to be torn up in a few short weeks..

According to TOInview, that stretch of Adelaide is scheduled for resurfacing this year. I figured they would have waited on the bike lane shift until the resurfacing work was done, as all that fresh paint is likely going to be torn up in a few short weeks..
Adelaide has been waiting for this shift for years and you've got to do the whole street together or you're gonna have a big mess at the transition points. It seems like there's always some work that comes along and delays it and I feared that work on the East as well as the still outstanding York to Victoria work from last work was going to push this to next year, so happy to see that this is finally happening. Anyway, as long as it's paint and not the more durable reflective lane markings (which are more costly) it's not a big deal.

EDIT: I decided to walk by and to my untrained eye the line painting does appear to be just paint.

Last edited:
The Cycling Infrastructure Report with various installations/enhancements, as outlined in my post here:

Unanimously passed I&E Ctte yesterday, with no amendments.

Just putting this here before Holyday puts in a motion at the council to cancel the extension.

Do I expect many votes in favour of him? Not really.

Via Reddit:

I will carefully word this and simply say the following, the reasons for the delay stated in the article do not align with my understanding.

I will then add, staff have every intention of pushing this forward.

Last edited:
Hadn't seen this posted here (I think)... For those interested in cycling in the east end, the Durham Meadoway has a rough outline of route options here if you were curious to look at details of the map below and see what they are considering.

Of interest too, the City of Pickering this evening passed a motion to ask the region for low level lighting (across entire trail), rest stations, artificial ice skating trail (in segments 1 or 2). Source in section 12.3
A little more detail added on this one... Durham Region's Meadoway site has added an interactive map including a nice addition temporary/interim routes where construction can be done to get a continuous trail the quickest. Comments/Suggestions can now be conveniently added via coloured pins on the interactive map (you can also add photos to illustrate where needed).

I just cycled on the new Mill-Esplanade link path - the fences were being taken down and it appears to be open. I heard that the lines will be painted this week and that Hydro will remove the guy-wire they have in a poor location!

Back