News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

What a stupid poll. Torontoist said it best:

A new poll from Forum Research suggests that most Torontonians would opt for a seven-stop LRT (51 per cent) over a three-stop subway (40 per cent) in Scarborough, but that most Scarborough residents (56 per cent) would be happier with the subway. Of course, the question respondents answered was “If both cost the same, which do you think should be built in Scarborough, a seven-stop LRT or a three-stop subway?”—it’s possible the numbers would have turned out slightly differently if the question had instead kicked off with “If we consider that the former will likely be significantly less expensive than the latter, and that the latter will almost certainly be dramatically more expensive than the former, which do you think should be built in Scarborough…”

I have a feeling that this poll was designed to show huge support for the subway. If that was Forum's goal then they failed spectacularly. Even with their rigged poll most people still want the LRT.

I have a feeling that this poll was designed to show huge support for the subway. If that was Forum's goal then they failed spectacularly. Even with their rigged poll most people still want the LRT.
I must agree. The sampling is ill representative. Not just that, but the Forum poll has a suggestive question and is thus a push poll and if it were made to be more realistic, then I would choose LRT in a heartbeat.

Scarborough approves of Line 2 extension while majority Torontonians are in disapproval: http://globalnews.ca/news/1557766/scarborough-wants-a-subway-rest-of-toronto-says-lrt-better-poll/

This question is assuming that the cost of the subway and the LRT is the same. We know from previous polls that when cost is factored, an even greater majority of people from all across our city are in disapproval of the eastbound extension of Line 2.
Good now that rob is (almost) out, we can see if Toronto will back up their words.

Perhaps this added cost involves the addition of a station at Danforth Rd/Eglinton, as well as any costs to dismantle the SRT infrastructure.

I don't understand. Who is this Twitter account, and why do they know information that the public doesn't?

I guess my question is, what is the credibility of this source, is it some random tweet that could be from anyone?

This is from an internal memo and rumor. Credibility is mediocre to weak but they did mention they saw memos from people working on the project.

This is from an internal memo and rumor. Credibility is mediocre to weak but they did mention they saw memos from people working on the project.
I don't think TTC has even tendered that work yet.

It's pretty easy to slide the numbers one way or another, or use 2020$ instead of 2010$ to slide the amount the amount one way or another, depending on the bias of the result you want to obtain.

But how do you know it's not just some random guy tweeting random numbers? How did you find this tweet? I'm just curious why someone tweeting a number is taken as information.

This just in! Scarborough Subway will cost...
5f91584182fd7272b1f6b8647b40932691eb50fce4be09d0f5d9b3ad6f07a88f.jpg

Attachments

• 5f91584182fd7272b1f6b8647b40932691eb50fce4be09d0f5d9b3ad6f07a88f.jpg
    5f91584182fd7272b1f6b8647b40932691eb50fce4be09d0f5d9b3ad6f07a88f.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 424

Back