News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Does anyone remember the original cost and scope of work of refurbing the stations and tracks to run the Mk IIs or IIIs?
At this rate, it might be the best viable and cost effective solution instead of juggling the red hotpotato

Does anyone remember the original cost and scope of work of refurbing the stations and tracks to run the Mk IIs or IIIs?
At this rate, it might be the best viable and cost effective solution instead of juggling the red hotpotato
$360M in 2006 dollars. Killed by Miller's Transit City plan

I very much doubt that many proponents of the Scarborough subway would be happy with sticking with the ICTS. It wouldn't show sufficient "respect".

I very much doubt that many proponents of the Scarborough subway would be happy with sticking with the ICTS. It wouldn't show sufficient "respect".

As to them respecting our tax dollars by continuously throwing it away to flip flopping back and forth? I bet the land tax that Ford imposed has already almost made enough to cover 1/2 the original refurb costs.

Edit: I think its more because of political hubris. what politician will admit they made a mistake and is willing to go back to the original plan....

ICTS will fit in the Sheppard tunnel.

Maybe if the low cost of ICTS extension means that we could extend the Scarb RT to Sheppard through the routing proposed with 7 stops, and then head elevated along Sheppard and replace the current Sheppard subway in the tunnel.

And with money left over for Eglinton East LRT to Kingston.

EDIT: KINGSTON ROAD lol

Last edited:
ICTS will fit in the Sheppard tunnel.

Maybe if the low cost of ICTS extension means that we could extend the Scarb RT to Sheppard through the routing proposed with 7 stops, and then head elevated along Sheppard and replace the current Sheppard subway in the tunnel.

And with money left over for Eglinton East LRT to Kingston.

I hope you mean Kingston road. I would be very impressed if there was enough money left over to bring the LRT to Kingston.

At this point, that polarizing subways subways subways mayoral candidate that Coffee keeps going on about as some returning specter for 2018, that might be John Tory himself.

If Tory wants to resurrect the Sheppard Subway, then I can only hope his opposition runs on an LRT platform and wins.

Only in John Tory's Toronto would a blithering idiot like Jimmy K enjoy any leverage at City Hall. Will he also support Pasternak's Sheppard West line, or Mammoliti's Finch subway?

I get coffey's frustration with the transfer at Don Mills, but had the Sheppard LRT been built by now, at least it would have finally, one and for all kill this goddamn Sheppard subway extension that Scarborough councillors keep trying to revive. There's no reason why the Sheppard subway couldn't be converted to LRT at a later time, after people are ready to stop dismissing LRTs as just a bunch of glorified streetcars.

I hope you mean Kingston road. I would be very impressed if there was enough money left over to bring the LRT to Kingston.

Of course there is enough money. It is essential that the people of Kingston be respected as well. Of course respect is a two-way street so I think a further western extension to Windsor is also in order but it too will be a subway express......sorry London, your out of luck.

The province should just use their majority govt to enact a law that legally binds large infrastructure projects that uses prov and fed money from being flip flopped like this. This is seriously f_cking ridiculous
on a grand scale. Scar at this rate will NEVER see anything built in our lifetimes...democracy has its uses in politics but by exploiting it and giving power to the minority naysayers, all it has done is continuously restirred
the pot. I say just hold a legally binding referendum for scar residents only and be over it once and for all, and if they cant come to a consensus, screw them and transfer all the funds to ECT E and W. Maybe in 20 years when the current
crop of Scar politicians retire and die off we can have some form of civility in transit development

If that's going to be the case, then Scarborough residents are going to be the only ones paying for it.

Toronto City Council are deciding (or maybe theyre picking lots from a hat....) the future of the this project.... in that case, they should be the ones paying the $4B to do whatever they want.

Jokes aside, they need to make whatever decision binding and irreversible on grounds of ideological alignment

Mel-fuc*ing-Lastman just held a media scrum on the Scarborough Subway; says the LRT is a better deal.
What? Did someone find him lost under the cushions of a display model couch at Bad Boy?
Why the hell is his opinion worth notice by anyone? What a pathetic infotainment based media we now have.

Last edited:
Toronto City Council are deciding (or maybe theyre picking lots from a hat....) the future of the this project.... in that case, they should be the ones paying the $4B to do whatever they want.
That's not how it works. City Council represents all Torontonians. If only Scarborough voted, no one else would have any say in the matter and therefore it is unfair for people outside of Scarborough to pay.

well, as it seems right now, only the scar. politicians are squabbling back and forth, while the majority of the others are just keen to get on with it. That being said,
it also seems like factioning has occurred as well. Regardless, if youre going to go into semantics, fine, open this vote to all metro Toronto.

Back