News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I wrote that in the Sheppard thread.
To add to this, seems that elevated subways are in the same area in term of price tag as LRT (yeah, I know...that's Toronto for you).

I forgot

Paris
Paris-1-1024x450.png

france-paris-under-rain-metro-line-7-e2gwjb.jpg

@TTC: That's ugly??? Get over yourself TTC and Toronto Council.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's like a wet dream compared to the RT. The solution is right there and here we are after all these years debating the same garbage transfer plan which has been already rejected

Insanity

Last edited:
Lastman. What a joker. No respect for Scarborough.

Ok, now what about the former mayor of Scarborough who also came out against the subway?

I get what you area saying. But nothing gets don't at a later time It either happened right away or it never will. That's why the subway extension is no or never. Rapid Local transit options can be review at any time and funded much easier. Sometimes its better to leave the right footprint from the start.

I agree 100%, but in this case waiting for the perfect solution is proving to be futile. Because needless to say, it has been impossible to get Scarborough politicians on board with the Sheppard LRT in any form whatsoever. Since the SSE will terminate at STC, the Sheppard LRT design ought to be rethought as to whether it should connect directly to STC and whether the transfer at Don Mills can be eliminated. But these discussions will never take place under the current political climate for the foreseeable future. They will just keep fighting over subways vs "fancy streetcars", nothing will get build and Scarborough will continue to miss out on the biggest development boom in this city's history.

Meanwhile these same councillors also voted today to cut TTC service in next year's budget.

Ok, now what about the former mayor of Scarborough who also came out against the subway?

That's his opinion and he makes the argument that we need to get to the "priority areas" now. And I agree with that. But where I disagree is at the expense of SCC and an integrated network. This is a Band-Aid solution for the most neglected areas & doesn't sever Scarborough with respect. We should be integrating properly and building BRT or LRT out to these other areas. But they have to cut corners on Scarborough instead of laying the proper integrated foot print. The real issue is we have been lied to about the taxes need to this.

I think also his doing more harm than good given the stage this dumbed down debate is at..... But "Mr Subways" Lastman is exactly whats wrong with the City. The transit "haves" forcing transfer LRT on Scarborough

There are multiple needs in multiple areas of this massive suburb And one technology is not the solution. But Politicians unfortunately have to keep it simple to solve all issues in one simple slogan.

Last edited:
That's his opinion and he makes the argument that we need to get to the "priority areas" now. And I agree with that. But where I disagree is at the expense of SCC and an integrated network. This is a Band-Aid solution for the most neglected areas & doesn't sever Scarborough with respect. We should be integrating properly and building BRT or LRT out to these other areas. But they have to cut corners on Scarborough instead of laying the proper integrated foot print. The real issue is we have been lied to about the taxes need to this.

I think also his doing more harm than good given the stage this dumbed down debate is at..... But "Mr Subways" Lastman is exactly whats wrong with the City. The transit "haves" forcing transfer LRT on Scarborough

There are multiple needs in multiple places. And one technology is not the solution. But Politicians unfortunately have to keep it simple to solve all issues in one simpleslogan
What is the big deal about the Transfer? There's a transfer at Osgoode and Queen for the Streetcar, same with St Andrew and King, you have to change at B-Y or St George to get downtown. Even if you build the DRL on both ends there's a transfer at Dundas West and Pape, Eglinton there will be a transfer with the DRL and LRT.

Scarborough still won't have the one seat RT downtown even if the subway is built.

It hasn't been that long since I used the TTC, is it true that
  • taking the Queen streetcar from the west, one has to get off at Osgoode and switch to another streetcar, and then switch again to another streetcar at Queen to continue farther east?
  • taking the King streetcar from the west, one has to get off at St. Andrew and switch to another streetcar, and then switch again to another streetcar at King to continue farther east?
  • taking the Danforth subway from the east, one has to get off at B-Y and switch to another subway, and then switch again to another subway at St. George to continue farther west?
or, are you referring to transfers along a different route?

It hasn't been that long since I used the TTC, is it true that
  • taking the Queen streetcar from the west, one has to get off at Osgoode and switch to another streetcar, and then switch again to another streetcar at Queen to continue farther east?
  • taking the King streetcar from the west, one has to get off at St. Andrew and switch to another streetcar, and then switch again to another streetcar at King to continue farther east?
  • taking the Danforth subway from the east, one has to get off at B-Y and switch to another subway, and then switch again to another subway at St. George to continue farther west?
or, are you referring to transfers along a different route?
Are you joking? Although i get now what you are trying to imply

What is the big deal about the Transfer? There's a transfer at Osgoode and Queen for the Streetcar, same with St Andrew and King, you have to change at B-Y or St George to get downtown. Even if you build the DRL on both ends there's a transfer at Dundas West and Pape, Eglinton there will be a transfer with the DRL and LRT.

Scarborough still won't have the one seat RT downtown even if the subway is built.

You cant compare those transfer to SCC and certainly the one on Sheppard. These transfers are not necessary whatsoever, they deter commuters already transfering enough at proper intersecting transfer points & buses, they deter business from SCC (which is suppose to be a City Growth Centre), and in the case of Sheppard and extra transfer to those that bus in. Not to mention we have disabled, elderly & single mom commuting longer distances and adding completely absurd poorly designed transfers is an issue.

It's a poor design that take puts zero weight on the importance of integration. And its very important. The LRT in its current form is a "Band-Aid" solution because with have dithered so long and there is add cost to equality and area which already have subway refuse to care about this.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/07/11/a-primer-on-the-seven-stop-scarborough-lrt.html

They are priming us the a hi-jacking of Scarborough transit tomorrow. Replacing the current subway crap proposal with transfer LRT crap proposal. How many years have they run a similar LRT article without acknowledging the main issues. If only Scarborough had the Political media power to prime our Politicians about the importance integration & compromise when building a City.

Last edited:
No one going in the same direction should ever have to transfer. The subway should go to Rouge Hill at least since it's the same direction /s.

No one going in the same direction should ever have to transfer. The subway should go to Rouge Hill at least since it's the same direction /s.

No we should have more transfers in the same direction. Every few KM of stub we should switch to a different technology. We should isolate all Major Growth Centers one stop before and force people to transfer It's great planning. They should do it everywhere.

All transfers are not created equal and these 2 being pushed upon Scarborough are a joke

No we should have more transfers in the same direction. Every few KM of stub we should switch to a different technology. We should isolate all Major Growth Centers one stop before and force people to transfer It's great planning. They should do it everywhere.
Scarborough Centre may be designated as a growth centre, but no one wants to live/work there so it doesn't really matter.

I demand that they extend the Scarborough subway to downtown Markham, because why should anyone be forced to transfer outside of a major growth centre? Why does Vaughan deserve subways but not Markham?

Back