News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm sick and tired of this guy's lies. I blame the residents in his ward for constantly voting in this jerkoff, and now he has a platform to hold the entire city hostage with his lies. Are there no sensible politicians in Scarborough?

Paul Ainslie. Though to be fair I think Chin Lee is fairly reasonable too. Certainly nothing like GdB or Crazy K.

AoD

Last edited:
I'm sick and tired of this guy's lies. I blame the residents in his ward for constantly voting in this jerkoff, and now he has a platform to hold the entire city hostage with his lies. Are there no sensible politicians in Scarborough?

That's from a radio show I used to listen in Montreal, made me laugh every morning!

President Assistant: We have to avoid lying to the people.
The President: I lie to the people everyday. The people LOVES to be lied to! :D

Paul Ainslie. Though to be fair I think Chin Lee is fairly reasonable too. Certainly nothing like GdB or Crazy K.

AoD

They all lie. But lets not make this a Scarborough only issue we have a chunk of Council who thinks they should decide what is built for others. That is even more unacceptable and troubling IMO

Yes, like Gardiner East.

AoD

Same Political players, similar issue. And I personally certainly cant support slowing down car commutes even for a few minute especially when they refuse to extend the subway. If the intention is to isolate than lets just cut the cord now and stop these ridiculous debates. Surely Scarborough can improve improve and build its own local network and the rest of the City can pay for its rapid growth on its own.

If there is no give to integrate Scarborough better than its exactly where we are headed. Not good.

Last edited:
Well, you just said something about a chunk of council dictating as to what should be built and what shouldn't. That's a case of it, just happens to be one you liked.

AoD

Well, you just said something about a chunk of council dictating as to what should be built and what shouldn't. That's a case of it, just happens to be one you liked.
AoD

Gotcha. Valid point in terms of geography but not so much end user. Ill take the Scarbo subway and they cant nuke the Gardiner East for all I care. Atleast Scarborough Centre will be part of the City.

If they cancel the SSE you may get your Lakeshore East Gardiner wish and but might cost a bit more. A de-amalgamation scenario hopefully & likely wont happen but Politics will certainly be ramping up that way to another level of ugly and this election is already looking to be heading down the toilet.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/BenSpurr/status/839209490612355072

upload_2017-3-7_15-24-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-7_15-24-45.png
    upload_2017-3-7_15-24-45.png
    30 KB · Views: 280
Relief Line long may cost $20 Billion, but unlike this project that would be worth the money.

Probably. The DRL report doesn't make it look like it's worth the expense (Benefit-Cost Ratio of 0.3).

The Yonge Extension study, quite overdue for a refresh, had a BCR of 0.7.

SSE BCR is "N/A". The calculation seems to be relative to the 3 stop subway, not relative to nothing so they decided it didn't apply but the cost was lower so removing stops was right.

Metrolinx gave the LRT version of Scarborough extension a 2.4 (also a very long time ago now).

Last edited:
I don't follow her...but if you have it, rather than telling me to do it...you know you could.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-60240.pdf (p. 17)

Apart from serving the development of Scarborough Centre, the LRT line would support development in the Kennedy - Midland corridor, provide rapid transit service to
Centennial College and be well - positioned for a future extension of the line into theMalvern
Town Centre. The proposed extension of the Bloor Danforth subway would pass through largely stable residential areas and the primary trip generation points would be the Scarborough Centre and the Sheppard Avenue terminal. It should be noted that the proposed subway station at Lawrence Avenue is largely surrounded by a stable, low density area with the exception of Scarborough Hospital, General Campus, at the northwest corner of Lawrence/McCowan. The subway’s design capacity exceeds 2031 forecast ridership levels, requiring a robust program to attract significant employment growth (and to a lesser extent residential growth) to the Scarborough Centre in order to increase ridership. The LRT line will service three priority neighbourhoods compared to the subway ’s one
(p. 20-21)

We have been through this before. This isn't a subway vs. LRT issue pe se - it's an alignment/number of stations issue. You have a one station extension - stands to reason the walk-in stats are not going to be great.

AoD

Last edited:
My mother taught me to only say things which are kind necessary and true. But this is a good lie which gets unfairly treated people transit justice.

Back