News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I don't follow her...but if you have it, rather than telling me to do it...you know you could.

Apologies I thought you had read the entire tweet and were selectively leaving it out. The realize it was cropped by the Star reporter. Shocking

Apologies I thought you had read the entire tweet and were selectively leaving it out. The realize it was cropped by the Star reporter. Shocking
I don't think Keesmaat has tweeted about the Scarborough subway for a long time. It's all about laneway housing, coyotes, and bikes today.

I'd assumed that she had said something at the Executive Committee meeting underway.

Yes, here it is, from a different source:

upload_2017-3-7_16-23-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-7_16-23-58.png
    upload_2017-3-7_16-23-58.png
    79 KB · Views: 325
Keesmaat is saying we shouldn't build transit to serve existing demand, but rather to serve hypothetical future demand. That's nuts. Contrary to her assertion, we don't build a city by allocating our scarce investment dollars to the projects with the least benefit. We don't even serve existing Scarborough residents by building a one-stop subway instead of a multi-stop LRT. She's acting like a politician instead of a planner.

I don't think Keesmaat has tweeted about the Scarborough subway for a long time. It's all about laneway housing, coyotes, and bikes today.

I'd assumed that she had said something at the Executive Committee meeting underway.

Yes, here it is, from a different source:

View attachment 101173
Just makes it worse.....in my view of the world, serving people is the number 1 priority in transit....city building comes 2nd (and a pretty distant one at that) for me.

Just makes it worse.....in my view of the world, serving people is the number 1 priority in transit....city building comes 2nd (and a pretty distant one at that) for me.

For the most part people in Scarborough want better access to the Core job areas FIRST =. The SSE provide a better connection to the City and also make SCC a more desirable location for the future.

Second priority would better local transit infrastructure. The need varies from area to area. But overall this is second fiddle to the SSE. The City Building part is that outsiders dont understand this. Both are needed but the latter can wait if it cant be done together.

I think Keesmat is very much right that City Building is needed as main criteria. lol. Popcorn ready for this election.

Well that's because City building can mean whatever one wants it to mean, and be given much more weight than is justified.

I think Keesmat is very much right that City Building is needed as main criteria. lol. Popcorn ready for this election.

To "serve city building objectives"? Yeah, about that:

“Based on the criteria that we have for great city building, looking at economic development, supporting healthy neighbourhoods, affordability, choice in the system, the LRT option, in fact, is more desirable.

- Jennifer Keesmaat, in 2013​

“Based on the criteria that we have for great city building, looking at economic development, supporting healthy neighbourhoods, affordability, choice in the system, the LRT option, in fact, is more desirable.

I used to not like vegetables as a kid. Then I grew up, changed my preference and understand better. Maybe she thinks differently now too.

I don't like to see these objectives spun as mutually objective....shouldn't one be trying to optimise both?

- Paul

Keesmaat is saying we shouldn't build transit to serve existing demand, but rather to serve hypothetical future demand. That's nuts. Contrary to her assertion, we don't build a city by allocating our scarce investment dollars to the projects with the least benefit. We don't even serve existing Scarborough residents by building a one-stop subway instead of a multi-stop LRT. She's acting like a politician instead of a planner.

We all have bosses

like above, we all have bosses.

Back