News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Possibly because the initial cost spitball was always a politically-driven fantasy.

Somehow I doubt that. We don't just magically jump from less than $360 million per kilometre in 2010 dollars for TYSSE with six stations to over half a billion dollars per kilometre today for SSE with only one added station.

Something's fishy here. It's getting to start to seem conspiratorial with these ballooning numbers. Almost like "someone's" trying to kill the project in the court of public opinion before it even starts.

Scarborough councillors just can't help it. They almost never say anything that's not wildly incorrect.

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 7.22.05 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 7.22.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 7.22.05 PM.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 286
Scarborough councillors just can't help it. They almost never say anything that's not wildly incorrect.

View attachment 101149

Actually they do say a lot of good, but when they do spew nonsense it gets hung on pitchforks by the Political opposition media as if that's all they have said.

And only Scarborough Politicians stretch the truth, the rest are very honest

Scarborough Subway: 6.5 km, 1 station, the only geo challenge is Highland Creek that is not a particularly large stream. Cost: $3.5 billion.

Yonge North: 7 km, 5 stations.

Relief Line East Long: 16 km, 15 to 20 stations, challenging downtown section, has to cross Don River three times.

Does it mean that we will need $6 billion for Yonge North, and $20 billion for DRL East Long?

Scarborough Subway: 6.5 km, 1 station, the only geo challenge is Highland Creek that is not a particularly large stream. Cost: $3.5 billion.

Relief Line East Long: 16 km, 15 to 20 stations, challenging downtown section, has to cross Don River three times.

Does it mean that we will need $6 billion for Yonge North, and $20 billion for DRL East Long?
I wouldn't be surprised ...

Somehow I doubt that. We don't just magically jump from less than $360 million per kilometre in 2010 dollars for TYSSE with six stations to over half a billion dollars per kilometre today for SSE with only one added station.

Something's fishy here. It's getting to start to seem conspiratorial with these ballooning numbers. Almost like "someone's" trying to kill the project in the court of public opinion before it even starts.

Something definitely seems awry or fishy re: the high costs. Since he ran I've always been of the opinion that Tory doesn't actually support SSE, ditto for the RL. I don't see it being a tin foil hat theory either, considering the evidence (which is mostly smarttrack-related stuff).

Remember to adjust TYSSE cost for inflation. How much would that cost in $2015?

I'm praying by some miracle the Relief Line price remains in tact (it won't)

When will we get a cost update on the Relief line anyways?

Hopefully less if they have the sense to elevate it on Don Mills...

Back