News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yes, that's the point I'm trying to make - the tunnel should be the easy part, but at this rate they are building - they'll still be building the Scarborough Subway in 2050! bit of an exaggeration

The math of the progress to date does not inspire confidence that everything has been proceeding smoothly. There may have been a technical issue that has been rectified, and they may now be back on track, and perhaps even within contingency.

All the same, if so - , staying silent and hoping nobody notices is a dishonest strategy and does not meet the standard of transparency and accountability we have a right to expect from our public institutions.

Metrolinx is an enterprise that builds narratives for a living and only runs buses and trains in their spare time. All parties at Queens Park seem to like it that way.

- Paul

Hopefully they can fix the problem now that they have scheduled a “temporary intervention” south of Brimorton. The picture shows a big curve, I thought it was supposed to be a relatively straight run to Lawrence ave. Maybe there is a steering problem ;), we can only speculate if they’re not going to tell us.

F19B8942-07E8-4316-8F72-FCDDD5EF92BF.jpeg

Are Detroit's trains in worse condition than TTC's? Their trains "are in need of replacement" but so was the SRT. How many more years do they think they can get out of them?

I'd assume that an extensive rebuild is planned.

TTC's issue was a lot related to the track and systems; and the unwillingness to spend more money to extend the life for another decade.

I'd assume that an extensive rebuild is planned.

TTC's issue was a lot related to the track and systems; and the unwillingness to spend more money to extend the life for another decade.

Do keep in mind that a few trains had already bit the big one long ago. It was not just track and systems.

Do keep in mind that a few trains had already bit the big one long ago. It was not just track and systems.
As far as I know, none were retired until this summer. And were (are?) still on site. Doesn't mean that they couldn't be rebuilt.

It wasn't just track and systems, which is why I think the cars would require an extensive rebuild.

Are the TTC line 3 cars really going to be in better shape than Detroit's? It's 2 years newer and has presumably faced a far less harsh operating environment than the RT has with a milder climate and far lower operating loads. Unless Detroit is hoping to buy the ones the TTC rebuilt, but those ones are still 40 year old trains underneath..

My best guess is that they're intended first and foremost for cannibalization.

Even compared to the SRT fleet Detroit is small. It's exactly the kind of operation that can patch things together on an ad-hoc basis for a very long time.

Are the TTC line 3 cars really going to be in better shape than Detroit's? It's 2 years newer and has presumably faced a far less harsh operating environment than the RT has with a milder climate and far lower operating loads. Unless Detroit is hoping to buy the ones the TTC rebuilt, but those ones are still 40 year old trains underneath..
I imagine they'll do their due diligence and make a final decision later. Interesting, though

Back