News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What is your prefere alignment for a new E/W subway through Downtown

• Total voters
What's the big deal about the poll results? They have zero bearing on what route is ultimately chosen for the DRL. :p

That is true, but some people don't believe in democracy - even when the results are meaningless.... they prefer to rig the vote to prove that their point is the winning point of view -- because they know that there intellect is failing them in proving it otherwise.... but luckily that is not the majority :rolleyes:

That is true, but some people don't believe in democracy - even when the results are meaningless.... they prefer to rig the vote to prove that their point is the winning point of view -- because they know that there intellect is failing them in proving it otherwise.... but luckily that is not the majority :rolleyes:

What kind of accusation is that? Why the personal attack?

Anyways....I can guarentee, I only voted once.

It was an attack on those people that voted multiple times - no names - just criteria. Why do you consider it an attack on you?

It was an attack on those people that voted multiple times - no names - just criteria. Why do you consider it an attack on you?

I didnt consider it an attack on me. I questioned why the need for the low blow accusation? In other words, why accuse anyone? Leave it to the moderator to determine if the poll was rigged

To see who reacted, why else...

Oh, so in other words; you throw out a wild accusation and then sit back and see who responds? I hear the Toronto Police are hiring detectives, I strongly urge you to apply. Obviously someone with a self described high intellect and excellent investigation skills should put them to good use.

I cant believe you can slander 53 people and if anyone questions you, then they themselves are further accused of hiding something. Where's a mod when you need him?

Edit - While Im at, Im going to question the true free speech in these boards. It seems if you dont share the view of the mods, then therefore you're subject to more review, while those who do share the views of the mod are left unabeited. This also applies to the allignment of the DRL.

Have a good day

Last edited by a moderator:
53? Did I say Queen? Did I say Rail? Did I say Adelaide?

I said those who voted more than once - and registered just to vote. There are some for Queen, some for Front, and one for Adelaide.

What I was looking for those that would feel an uncontrollable need to respond based on their actions that matched the criteria.

Darren B:

Edit - While Im at, Im going to question the true free speech in these boards. It seems if you dont share the view of the mods, then therefore you're subject to more review, while those who do share the views of the mod are left unabeited. This also applies to the allignment of the DRL.

We are not here to uphold "free speech". If you have a problem with that, there are plenty of newspaper message boards for you to frequent, which I know you do. You can practice your "free speech" all you wanted there, and I must say, the calibre of the discussions in those forum is reflective of the "diverse" views represented.

Now, back to the topic of alignment - so Queen St. is leading by one vote, on an unscientific poll in an online forum. Whoopie-do - if you think that is in any shape, way or form actually reflective of the superiority and buildability of your choice, you're out to lunch. (and just to pre-empt your argument of my response being one of jealousy, I don't really care what the alignment is at this point).

AoD

Last edited:
It would be good advice to everyone to avoid personalizing the debate. Just because someone disagrees with you in a harsh way or makes a general accusation is no reason to take it personally and no reason to make it personal.

Only by doing this can we have fruitful debate while keeping things civil.

The mods have been getting far too many complaints recently about "personal attacks" which are not actually personal... instead the person reading the post decided to take it personally.

Does anybody know of any estimates of the ridership from the studies 20 years ago?

Can somebody tell me....if the Queen or Richmond/adelaid alignment was picked....how many stations to Yonge would be there be between pape and Yonge? It'd be good to compare that to the current BD-YUS combo.

We are not here to uphold "free speech". If you have a problem with that, there are plenty of newspaper message boards for you to frequent, which I know you do. You can practice your "free speech" all you wanted there, and I must say, the calibre of the discussions in those forum is reflective of the "diverse" views represented.

Well of course you'd know that, as I told you so when I met you and introduced myself to you face to face. I use my first name as my username as I personaly don't want to stand behind any other name or alias.
There is a very obvious censor here; we can call a former mayor a "moron", and a city councillor a "moron's moron", but god forbid we say anything pejorative towards councillor Perks. Why should one councillor be held to a higher standard? This does not create a level discussion as this is an unnecessary level of censorship, in my opinion. It's a environment which I don't find appealing.

Thanks for your time, now back to the DRL...

Darren:

Actually, I haven't even met you, so it's is downright impossible for you to have told me anything in person. And yes, we do censor. If you find this environment unappealing, like I've said, you are free to pursue other options, but please, don't come and tell me it's unappealing and at the end of the day, come begging back for more.

PS - I believe the word you've used is "douche" - care to inform me what that term stands for?

AoD

Last edited:

Back