News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

About the one area of hope for downtown could be the Ice District. Otherwise I think people avoid it like the plague. The buses that head downtown have people intoxicated on drugs. Downtown is no longer safe after 4:30 pm. People are asking for change on every corner.

A nice present I woke up to being a resident of downtown (well, one block from downtown proper): a smashed window on my car to steal absolutely nothing👌🥳😍🤡

Sad to see, but seemingly inevitable.

Hearing that all of the extra beat cops (or beat cops in general) have been removed from Downtown and are back on their 'regular' deployment strategy?

But of course…

Downtown Recovery Coalition
Downtown Recovery Coalition944 followers
41m • 41 minutes ago

Today the province announced a 15-week pilot partnership between the Alberta Sheriffs and the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) will begin in late February to help deter and respond to crime and social disorder. More boots on the ground will allow EPS to increase the number of patrols and expand their reach to more high-priority neighbourhoods.

We know, presence alone helps deter petty crime, violent outbreaks and open illicit drug use. This announcement today of a new partnership between provincial sheriff’s and EPS is positive action!

Our businesses, small and large, need greater connectivity with law enforcement to support not only them but their employees and customers. We’re encouraged by the swift action of the task force and look forward to working with them on further solutions. Read more in the link below!

Back