News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So Saturday August 20th.

(or possibly the Friday, depending on whether anyone is changing the signage on weekends! )
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so excited! Of course it will not compare to heading down Cherry Street and getting some cheap Chinese food for dinner but it is nice they are trying to maintain a place downtown, or rather that Loblaws is permitting them to be downtown.

Last edited:
The Big Carrot is set to carry out a modest expansion of its Danforth store.

The body care area will be shifted across to the westerly building, beside their apothecary.

That existing body care area is set to become their bulk foods space.

While the existing bulk foods will be given over to more room for produce.

The new 'unpacked' area of the Big Carrot is open.

Anyone know the square footage of the new T&T space (compared to the previous one)? I'm curious what their offerings will be compared to the Cherry location...

Anyone know the square footage of the new T&T space (compared to the previous one)? I'm curious what their offerings will be compared to the Cherry location...

The new store is 27,000ft2. The old Cherry St. Store was 40,000ft2

T&T (downtown) is open as of this Friday at 9am.

1629161794623.png

I know, I am just thinking it is a lot larger than I thought they would have been able to manage at an urban site.

AoD

I haven't seen the layout; but my off-hand assumption is that the cuts will come in seating, hot-food, and general merchandise, along with a slightly tighter layout.

I'm fairly sure there won't actually be fewer skus in the grocery section. (though maybe fewer facings)

I imagine they'll try to keep most of the hot food section; I wonder, assuming they do, whether they move to commissary some of it.

I haven't seen the layout; but my off-hand assumption is that the cuts will come in seating, hot-food, and general merchandise, along with a slightly tighter layout.

I'm fairly sure there won't actually be fewer skus in the grocery section. (though maybe fewer facings)

I imagine they'll try to keep most of the hot food section; I wonder, assuming they do, whether they move to commissary some of it.

I can't imagine they'd cut hot food - given the location (near U of T); in fact I can see them cutting meats/seafood and even produce space to keep space for prepared foods.

AoD

I can't imagine they'd cut hot food - given the location (near U of T); in fact I can see them cutting meats/seafood and even produce space to keep space for prepared foods.

AoD

I'm not thinking cutting the offering; but the seating space, and some of the kitchen spaces, that accounted for a lot of the area at Cherry St.
That's why I mentioned commissary for some of the of the food.
Its a good way to save space.

I do expect they'll cut down on ft2 square in those other areas.

But the challenge is, you don't want to cut 'essentials' or what your store is known for' in any great amount.

At any rate, we'll see what they did soon enough!

Back