News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

They said that buying Shoppers Drugmart killed their concept for Nutshell. I wonder if they intend to use the new store for a concept Shoppers with a bigger focus on fresh food.

Didn't see this talked about in this thread much, but I got a flyer in the mail today for an expanded Shoppers Drug Mart with FRESH FOOD for their Queen St E/Carlaw (Leslieville) location..they will have fresh produce (inc organic), bakery, dairy, meat and prepared foods (ie sushi) etc..here is an article about the new concept stores from the Star awhile back http://www.thestar.com/business/2014/08/22/would_you_buy_fresh_groceries_at_shoppers_drug_mart.html

Sobey's...

isn't Loblaws?
Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5V 2H1

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 179973 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jul 8, 2014

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: To complete interior alterations and structural re-enforcement for tenant fit up for future "Loblaws"

and yes I would like to know also.. haven't heard a thing about it- other than this mentioned on here...
hope it is sooon..

Sobey's...

isn't Loblaws?

and yes I would like to know also.. haven't heard a thing about it- other than this mentioned on here...
hope it is sooon..
Oh right haha.
I was working in that building for a couple of weeks in September, and they were definitely doing work in there. So should be soon I imagine.

Pic of the new Loblaws at King west and Shaw.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 930
Interesting to note that the CityMarket in DNA3 is being promoted as "independent" and not as a Loblaws. I believe it's franchised, similar to No Frills. I believe Marcello's is the brand.

YGsebxZ.jpg

Attachments

• YGsebxZ.jpg
    YGsebxZ.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,065
According to some twitter posts, it opened today.

Finally! From what I saw walking around Greenwin Square, through the paper covered windows... it looks like a pretty nice store. Seems like there are a bit more frills at this location!

Interesting to note that the CityMarket in DNA3 is being promoted as "independent" and not as a Loblaws. I believe it's franchised, similar to No Frills. I believe Marcello's is the brand.

View attachment 36831

Interesting.

In Vancouver, the CityMarkets carry the Loblaws logo, even though they are franchised.
Our No Frills have the franchisee's name attached "i.e Tom's No Frills").
Then there's another franchised Loblaws brand called "Your Independent Grocer"

Interesting.

In Vancouver, the CityMarkets carry the Loblaws logo, even though they are franchised.
Our No Frills have the franchisee's name attached "i.e Tom's No Frills").
Then there's another franchised Loblaws brand called "Your Independent Grocer"
YIG and valu-mart are franchised under the National Grocers' division of Loblaws; I was told today that this CityMarket will also be part of the NG division.

Back