News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

If they use laminated glass with the exterior lamination being Lexan with a protective 3M film, then broken glass will no longer be a problem and if the attempt to mar the surface happens, they can replace the film..

^
while certainly an option, lexan is not always a great choice:
* it’s considerably more expensive even before applying a film.
* it’s optical qualities are not as good as glass.
* it will discolour with uv exposure.
* it’s not abrasion resistant, scratches easily, and can’t be polished.
* the films can be subject to bubbling and delaminating and peeling.

Rumoured for years, but great to see them proceed with this.
---

Reference ID: Job No 477615240-002
Description: To operate a Bar and Neighborhood Pub (Red Star) and Specialty Food Service (Lock Stock Coffee), both existing without permits, construct interior and exterior alterations including demolition of sloped grades to develop level outdoor patios below existing building, and construct new gated/fenced entry elevations facing Jasper Avenue.
Plan NB Blk 5 Lot 130
Applicant: RED STAR

---

Description: To operate a Bar and Neighborhood Pub (Red Star) and Specialty Food Service (Lock Stock Coffee), both existing without permits, construct interior and exterior alterations including demolition of sloped grades to develop level outdoor patios below existing building, and construct new gated/fenced entry elevations facing Jasper Avenue.
Plan NB Blk 5 Lot 130
I have been to Red Star and the club next door (if its still there). I don't know what to think of this concept - with shaded patios. I wonder what other options they explored to renovate and improve functionality of the building + Red Star.

---

Plan NB Blk 5 Lot 130
I hope this doesn’t disrupt Lock Stock. It’s my favourite coffee destination.

I always though that sloped part was terribly wasted space, not very attractive and unfortunately also kind of hid the places behind it. I'm glad to see something is going to be done. It could make a very nice additional patio space. It is sort of sheltered and south facing.

Ouitside of ATB Place/Telus Tower, lower level. Maintenance personnel are not doing their job.

20230718_171839.jpg

20230718_171935.jpg

I'd be happy to see that, but won't hold my breath (no pun intended) til I see it. With OEG's new programming city block, there's a whole lot more OEG can present along side the CFR.

As per Community Standards Bylaw, the adjacent property owner is responsible for that boulevard.

"8 A person shall maintain any boulevard adjacent to land they own or occupy by: (a) keeping any grass on the boulevard cut to a reasonable length; and (b) removing any accumulation of fallen leaves or other debris."

Back