News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Picture3.jpg
Picture2.jpg

Beaver Hills FULL of garbage, a microwave (?), clothes, and patches of dirt and gravel, and of course the standard shirtless homeless camps that are parked on top of the waterfall and tucked in the back behind Pablo. Truly a shame for those that want to actually enjoy the park in the small number of months that we can.

View attachment 488758View attachment 488757
Beaver Hills FULL of garbage, a microwave (?), clothes, and patches of dirt and gravel, and of course the standard shirtless homeless camps that are parked on top of the waterfall and tucked in the back behind Pablo. Truly a shame for those that want to actually enjoy the park in the small number of months that we can.
Please report all issues to 311 but I'll also try to escalate this through the City.

View attachment 488758View attachment 488757
That’s quite the extension cord run! Lol. But no, no one is allowed to enjoy anything nice! We have to ask permission from those that only destroy and maim our nice things! They have first right of refusal for all public domain

This is the type of complementary-to-historic development stuff you get to see in cities like Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and even Winnipeg. Alas.
Yes, this makes perfect sense to nicely fill in the space between the existing historic buildings. There are a few other spots downtown an idea like this would be nice too.

Unfortunately, unlike all those other places we really don't have very many almost intact blocks of historic buildings left. I believe this sort of thing has been done on Whyte Ave.

Please report all issues to 311 but I'll also try to escalate this through the City.
Believe me, I do. I report these instances to 311, I report the homeless who pee on our entranceway door, I report, I report, I report to the point that these reports are just a game of individual whack-a-mole.

Believe me, I do. I report these instances to 311, I report the homeless who pee on our entranceway door, I report, I report, I report to the point that these reports are just a game of individual whack-a-mole.
It may seem like it but the City does look at all the reports and the more data we collect it does have an effect on resourcing. I have sent along your photos to some folks who are directly involved in Downtown cleanup efforts including Parks staff.

That's fantastic to see and a nice little addition to the area. Here's hoping that subway spot will become something again soon. I'd love to see one of these there:

-Beavertails
-Nashville hot chicken
-Rocky Mountain Bagel;)

El Jardin is the El Beso/El Corozone folks. They're planning to be open July 15 with some patio upgrades as well.

Double Dragon is doing patio upgrades, going to be nice atmosphere.

Tried Carne Ascada today, very good, hit the spot. Very good vegan/mushroom taco. Nice owners, hope they do well and expand their hours into the evening.

103a avenue at 12:15 today… planters and benches but still not a lively or active or inviting street to spend any time on..
IMG_7743.jpeg
IMG_7744.jpeg
IMG_7745.jpeg

Last edited:

Back