News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You can really see the podium taking shape now!

DJI_0419-HDR.jpg

These are going to be so impactful, and after seeing the tower in The Hague this year as a teaser... these are going to be pretty damn iconic.

These are going to be so impactful, and after seeing the tower in The Hague this year as a teaser... these are going to be pretty damn iconic.
Ever since these first got proposed they have given me major Netherlands vibes. There's nothing else quite like it in Canada, and that's something we desperately need in this city.

You can really see the podium taking shape now!

View attachment 577450
I kind of assumed the parking garage would be a big rectangle below the podiums, but maybe not.

When this was revealed as the winning design, I was mostly disappointed that it didn't integrate with Pimisi and cover the portal, but now I'm excited about the plaza, the highly articulated podiums with retail and of course the tall red towers. These will have such a positive impact in s very drab and flat skyline.

I kind of assumed the parking garage would be a big rectangle below the podiums, but maybe not.

When this was revealed as the winning design, I was mostly disappointed that it didn't integrate with Pimisi and cover the portal, but now I'm excited about the plaza, the highly articulated podiums with retail and of course the tall red towers. These will have such a positive impact in s very drab and flat skyline.
Nope! The parking levels will follow the shape of the podiums to avoid the CSST that runs below grade here. The north side of the podiums also follows the alignment of the old Wellington Street as a bit of a nod to the historical past of the site.

Also, at the bottom right of @hoggytime's photo you can see the first bit of gravel adjacent to the Booth St bridge for the new retaining wall that will be getting constructed here. Between the retaining wall and the LRT will be a new MUP connecting to Pimisi at one end and the library at the other.

I didn't think the CSST went past the Line 1 portal based on GeoOttawa and where the ventilation building is today.

I wasn't aware the podiums followed the line of the old Wellington alignment. Thanks for the cool fact!

Site plan for reference.

1720235171079.png

Back