News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I can't find a picture that really shows it all. But search for celebration square. It's really a multi purpose space. Giant TV that shows big event, like FIFA, Olympics, movie nights...concerts, festivals, free group exercises, library on the side, huge wading pool (fountain style) that is a refrigerated ice rink in the winter ( x2.5 the size of the sens dream). I miss Sauga exclusively for that square n port credit with its parks n beaches.
Looks like a great space, for sure, but with Claridge Park, the Aqueduct District and the Parks District, not to mention the plazas planned around Dream LeBreton and Adisoke, I'm not sure that's the best use of space.

This sort of public gathering spot should be part of LeBreton, but not necessarily here.

From Yesterday, and today it seemed like an entirely different scene when I drove by! So much action 😍

DJI_0268-HDR.jpg

Surprised to see concrete foundations here. I would have imagined stone. Looking at GeoOttawa, there weren't huge buildings.

they're still going to excavate right? like this is all just site prep? I'm not familiar with the process if someone can fill me in.

they're still going to excavate right? like this is all just site prep? I'm not familiar with the process if someone can fill me in.
Excavation has essentially started, they're currently stripping the top soil and finishing up the site prep. Site prep would include the temporary road access, shoring, trailer layout moving the hydro poles, etc.

Once the shoring is completed at one end of the site the bulk excavation should start which is the main part of the excavation.

Yes! They have essentially scraped away all the top soil so far. You can see at the bottom of @hoggytime's last photo that shoring equipment has showed up on site. Shoring will likely start soon which is more or less making walls below ground along the property line so when they do the real excavation, the soil around the site doesn't cave in.

These will have the biggest impact on the skyline since Place de Ville II. Cannot wait to see them go up.

Back