News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Pretty crazy that Lux Place (115m) is about to become Ottawa's second tallest building, and soon after that Marriott Renaissance (118m) will likely be the 2nd tallest for a moment, and right after that Dream (124m) will become the 2nd tallest.

I wonder whether the Granite Curling Club twins (129m) or the Bus Station tower (127m) will be next...
We'll be having a bunch of hopping for the second tallest. I'm glad we are seeing movement on all 5 of these towers, which will bring up the avg height significantly. I really can't wait to see our two projected tallest though... that will be impactful. So as long as we can get all of these before 2030, we are looking good.

Only 2 levels of parking, so hopefully its a relatively quick dig.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 4.44.00 PM.png

@urbottawa, thanks for posting the elevations. Does look like we'll be getting solar panels on the roof based on this. Seems the angled roof faces the wrong way though for optimal sun exposer. Should have been angled South (though that would reduce the main skyline impact) or West (they may have considered future development, which will eventually cast shadows on their project).

Can't wait to see these topped-out. Biggest skyline impact since Place de Ville C. I think I'm more excited for these than the Marriott Renaissance.

NCC Board meeting next week. Hoping we get more details on the Flats development. How many Board meetings after this one was chosen as the preferred bidder did it take before getting the details of the project and proper renderings?

My wish list, in order, for the next parcel lease would be:

1.An enlarged arena district with the Sens signed up
2.The escarpment South of the realignment
3.Community housing project between Dream and the Library
4.The temporary park next to the Claridge parcel

With all the money we've received from the Feds and Province for housing, and conditions for that money, I'm really hoping the City moves on the parcel between Dream and the Library quickly. Would be great to have that block over and done with by the end of this decade.

For the Sens, my hope is that they get everything between the Confederation Line and Scott.

My hope was they give them everything NORTH of the LRT between bayview station and booth. That park concept is stupid since that area is already decently parked up and some basic “district park” beside a big open field and the whole river parkway always seemed silly to me.

IMO, the parcel in the between should be a public plaza. Something like in Sauga would be crazy cool. Let me dream.

So glad that they are doing both towers at the same time. Tower cranes are scheduled to be up by October.

Mississauga? Could you post a pic or Google Maps link?

I can't find a picture that really shows it all. But search for celebration square. It's really a multi purpose space. Giant TV that shows big event, like FIFA, Olympics, movie nights...concerts, festivals, free group exercises, library on the side, huge wading pool (fountain style) that is a refrigerated ice rink in the winter ( x2.5 the size of the sens dream). I miss Sauga exclusively for that square n port credit with its parks n beaches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411_083254_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240411_083254_Chrome.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 10

Back