News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Accepting 6 months of construction and traffic problems in the future to avoid a 2 month delay now (without even discussing the relative costs of the two options) just does not seem to make a ton of sense.

Accepting 6 months of construction and traffic problems in the future to avoid a 2 month delay now (without even discussing the relative costs of the two options) just does not seem to make a ton of sense.

No, I can understand it. Metrolinx still hasn't figured out their plans for the Georgetown South Project, so holding everything up for that doesn't make a ton of sense. The six month construction in the future will only reduce the number of lanes being used by the underpass, not eliminate it. As a member of the community, I want to see construction finished because that death-defying journey under the Queen underpass needs to end while Metrolinx makes up its mind.

The Georgetown EA knew the plan was for 8 tracks plus a bike path before any concrete was poured.

The Georgetown EA knew the plan was for 8 tracks plus a bike path before any concrete was poured.

Nothing has been designed yet. They are still figuring out what the crossing at King and Strachan will look like. At this point, plans can change.

What do you mean they don't know what the crossing will look like?

StrachanBridgeTopView.jpg
StrachanBridgeSideView.jpg

Attachments

• StrachanBridgeTopView.jpg
    StrachanBridgeTopView.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 270
  • StrachanBridgeSideView.jpg
    StrachanBridgeSideView.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 259
Based on how quick they have the incline start after passing through the tunnel I get the feeling the city doesn't like the 8th track project. Couldn't they have done anything to make expanding this bridge an additional track in the future easier?

Based on how quick they have the incline start after passing through the tunnel I get the feeling the city doesn't like the 8th track project. Couldn't they have done anything to make expanding this bridge an additional track in the future easier?

The incline doesn't seem too bad on the north side, which is where I'd guess the additional track would be, but I'm just guessing. Anyone know?

Yes, it would be on the north side. Not that the incline is steep but it seems to start immediately after exiting the tunnel rather than running flat another 3m.

Except that diagram is the city is currently building, not the 8-track layout from the Georgetown South EA.

When is the ribbon cutting so I can boo and hiss at the stupidity of not finishing the project properly?

I was hoping that the project would be completed by the time the CNE opens. Looks more like Labour Day (and when the Labour Day parade passes by it), maybe.

Back