News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You've got to be kidding me. Why would anyone with sense want an underpass to feel huanting and creepy?
You can see these monstrosities at http://www.atelierjacob.com/index.php?/projects/dufferin-underpass/

7_dufferin-underpass-proposal3.jpg

Attachments

• 7_dufferin-underpass-proposal3.jpg
    7_dufferin-underpass-proposal3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
The haunting images combined with no protection of the pedestrians will make this area a no go zone.

i have an idea, why not paint the view one would have from the same position at track level above?

The haunting images combined with no protection of the pedestrians will make this area a no go zone.

Clearly you don't live nearby and don't use the current "unprotected" underpass. I also think the images look great. Good on Luis!

Modern lighting technology will make this underpass a lot more pleasant than the Queen street one.

They better not add a no right turn on red southbound dufferin to east bound queen. I live in this area and I'm sick of all the no right turns on reds they have been puting up lately. First Lansdowne and Queen (south going east). This is somewhat understandable do to the 3 tier traffic lights being installed with jameson. But the no right on red at queen and roncesvalles (south going east) really grinds my gears.

They better not add a no right turn on red southbound dufferin to east bound queen. I live in this area and I'm sick of all the no right turns on reds they have been puting up lately. First Lansdowne and Queen (south going east). This is somewhat understandable do to the 3 tier traffic lights being installed with jameson. But the no right on red at queen and roncesvalles (south going east) really grinds my gears.

Yeah we know how you hate having your freedoms slowly taken away from you. You want the freedom to talk on a phone while driving. You want the freedom to make a right turn whenever you want. It's bad enough that the city wastes money on useless elevators in transit stations. Now this!

I can't say that I'm privy to all that the works department does but I'd like to think there are good reasons right on red bans at these places. Blind turns and multi-stage signal intersections would seem like good bets.

I think you also have your directions mixed up.

They've made it pretty clear so far that they will not allow southbound traffic to turn right to go eastbound on Queen.

I think it'd be great if they eliminated right hand turns on red. Especially in this neighbourhood where there are so many cyclists and pedestrians. If the plan for the jog is to make life better for pedestrians, transit users, cyclists and cars, then getting rid of right hand turns just makes sense.

I think it'd be great if they eliminated right hand turns on red. Especially in this neighbourhood where there are so many cyclists and pedestrians. If the plan for the jog is to make life better for pedestrians, transit users, cyclists and cars, then getting rid of right hand turns just makes sense.

i agree. it's a very dangerous combination.

i agree. it's a very dangerous combination.

Not if everyone follows the basic rules of the road.

Drivers.....the ability to turn right on a read is not a "right" it is a convenience that ranks very low (bottom) in the ranking of allowed vehcile/pedestrian movements at a controlled intersection....you can't do it if there are pedistrians crossing or vehcles approaching (including bicycles) in the lane you are entering....and use your signals. If you are sitting at a red light waiting for a chance to turn right do not assume you are sharing the road with a bunch of mind readers....signal your intention to turn allowing cyclists to know that they should not scoot up beside you at the red.

Pedestrians.....watch the little lit up man and do not enter the intersection when the, either, the hand appears or the coutdown begins. If you are a few strides away from a crossing and see the light might change...do not jump into the roadway early to "catch" the light...that car sitting at the light legitimately thinks he has the ok to turn on that red if there are no oncoming vehicles and no pedestrians at the corner, as he turns and accelerates, you have put your safety at risk by saving a few seconds.

Cyclists.......either dismount and become a pedestrian or, in the alternative, acknowledge that you are a vehcile and that lanes of traffic are for one vehicle so don't scoot up beside a car who is stopped at an intersection and try to share a lane with a right turning vehicle when you intend to take your vehicle straight through the intersection.

Back