News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Pulling these forward from the survey.
90540DAB-6755-4AA6-9542-7871621D1871.jpeg

I think it’s great to see a design that’s more substantial than a typical grey aluminum bus shelter.

504CFA95-F7F8-459D-B7A0-D88FE98207D8.jpeg

I’m really enjoying the fins on this design. It’s lending itself well to the proposed new buildings at the Pickering Town Centre.

Photos below for context of the Performing Arts Centre and Seniors & Youth Centre, taken from Architects Alliance public presentation to City Council.
3F575436-359F-42D1-B230-516BA169B569.jpeg
4B63259B-1C71-4205-8A2F-9325C0916736.jpeg

From the latest council meeting:

A Durham Region Transit zero emission fleet transition plan—part of a long-term servicing and
financing strategy—was approved, via report 2022-DRT-10. Starting in 2023, some older
buses will be replaced with electric (battery powered); complete electric fleet by 2037.

Pulling these forward from the survey.
View attachment 384297

I think it’s great to see a design that’s more substantial than a typical grey aluminum bus shelter.

View attachment 384298

I’m really enjoying the fins on this design. It’s lending itself well to the proposed new buildings at the Pickering Town Centre.

Photos below for context of the Performing Arts Centre and Seniors & Youth Centre, taken from Architects Alliance public presentation to City Council.
View attachment 384299View attachment 384300
I know this was put on hold, do we know why?

EDIT: COVID and construction costs soaring. The city is having trouble funding the city centre for now. With all the NIMBYism (anti development) in Pickering right now and upcoming elections, it's up in the air. Too bad.

Also, they talked about already having 'smart' signaling installed along Kingston rd in Durham for the BRT... is that the same as (transit) signal priority?

Last edited:
DRT is looking for community feedback for potential waterfront service in Pickering.

(Maybe I should create a specific thread for the Scarborough - Durham BRT project)
I'm happy Pickering is going all in with this project and also will have median lanes throughout, I just shake my head at the ellesmere rd option that is just sitting there...lots of resistance it seems; not sure what metrolinx and the city are going to do.

It is sad that transit signal priority won't be a thing but maybe isn't needed right now.

So, I managed to render my presto card useless today... And noticed that debit and credit card tap was removed from DRT vehicles. They were part of the pilot earlier in the year... Anyone know why?

Back