What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Man, where in Summerside are you going? The longest it has ever taken me, and that was rush hour last week, was about 1hr 20m, right after a relatively big snowfall. It usually takes me about 25-35 min, depending on where in Summerside I'm going (if it's further east, it obviously takes longer).
I've been doing this every day for the past month or so, and frequently before, since August, and leaving at 7am it takes me roughly 35min from my place (66st SW and 25ave SW, roughly) to Norquest, regardless of the route I choose.
What time do you leave? I leave at 4:30, but if I leave even slightly earlier it can shave like 10 mins. off my drive. I go to basically the same area (67st SW 24 Ave. SW) and have done the drive since 2016. I'm leaving from a little further north of DT but it still takes at least 45 mins. to get home during rush hour in the winter, regardless of which way I take, and I've tried them all (often in the same week). I will often check Google maps to see traffic before I choose which way to go. Sometimes the fastest route is to actually go north, hop on the Yellowhead to the east Henday and take that to 50 st.—I'll occasionally do this during the summer and if the traffic is really moving I can get back in 30-35 mins.

The 2.5 hr drive was a one-time thing several years ago during a huge snowstorm where several accidents along the way had traffic at a standstill.

What time do you leave? I leave at 4:30, but if I leave even slightly earlier it can shave like 10 mins. off my drive. I go to basically the same area (67st SW 24 Ave. SW) and have done the drive since 2016. I'm leaving from a little further north of DT but it still takes at least 45 mins. to get home during rush hour in the winter, regardless of which way I take, and I've tried them all (often in the same week). I will often check Google maps to see traffic before I choose which way to go. Sometimes the fastest route is to actually go north, hop on the Yellowhead to the east Henday and take that to 50 st.—I'll occasionally do this during the summer and if the traffic is really moving I can get back in 30-35 mins.

The 2.5 hr drive was a one-time thing several years ago during a huge snowstorm where several accidents along the way had traffic at a standstill.
Damn, we're basically neighbours 😂 . I'm on 67 and Shaw, essentially. I used 25 as a reference for distance.

I've left anywhere from 3:30 to 5:30. It usually takes be around the same as you, roughly 40 to 50 minutes, during the winter. I tend to take 109st-97ave-Connors Rd-75/66st, which seems to be the more consistent (minus the bloody rail line, and that is always a gamble taking this route).
If I were more towards the NE of DT I'd probably do the Yellowhead-Henday too. From Norquest It doesn't really make sense, as I'd have to deal with more traffic still inside of DT.

Man, that 2.5hr must have been an absolute nightmare.

Here is a frightening thought, constructions have superseded well past Summerside, so imagine that commute? When I chose Winter Ridge which is situated on Parkland county dide, it was the idea of country side near the city, but I'm now surrounded by development and well south of me. It is just unfathomable how we continue to sprawl for our population.

Here is a frightening thought, constructions have superseded well past Summerside, so imagine that commute? When I chose Winter Ridge which is situated on Parkland county dide, it was the idea of country side near the city, but I'm now surrounded by development and well south of me. It is just unfathomable how we continue to sprawl for our population.

So... how about that residential tower rumour so we can bring back those folks who moved to Summerside, bought a Ford Edge RS at 29 and have a VIP at CHOP?

So... how about that residential tower rumour so we can bring back those folks who moved to Summerside, bought a Ford Edge RS at 29 and have a VIP at CHOP?
LOL. I drive a small hatchback and ironically the only CHOP I've ever been to is the one DT. My wife and I lived in a condo in Bonnie Doon and when we first started looking for a bigger place, we were completely set on something central. Unfortunately, the options and prices just did not line up for us. Summerside was chosen because we love to paddle and the idea of having a place we could walk or bike to with our paddle boards after work was a nice concession to a more urban lifestyle.

So yes, build more residential downtown that is suitable and affordable for families! I was hopeful for Blatchford but so far the prices for what you get are just not at all in line with what's available in the suburbs. $600,000 to almost $800,000 for a townhouse?!!

I love the Irony

What Irony? That is a place of County of Parkland. I'm referring to Edmonton's proper. Edmonton is not fixing my roads if it crumbles, and it was there way before all this.
Finding the sprawl unfathomable and concerning while being apart of it?

Back