News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Prefer Dallas and AA for connections - 100 more destinations than IAH particularly to the Caribbean and Latin America. AA used to serve DFW YEG.
A lot of people campaigned long and hard for AA's DFW service from YEG. But when the oil price tanked years ago AA claimed that the route was no longer sustainable. They continued to serve YEG-PHX for awhile before cutting that route as well.

May 2023 - Pretty good numbers when compared to what I believe highest May previous being 694,582 passengers in 2018.

Terminal

Terminal Traffic: 583,221 passengers (YTD 2,669,531 passengers) Terminal: 24.9% (YTD 57.1%)
Domestic 505,626 passengers (YTD 2,082,510 passengers) Domestic 20.8% (YTD 44.2%)
Transborder 56,379 passengers (YTD 329,706 passengers) Transborder 57.2% (YTD 141.3%)
International 21,216 passengers (YTD 257,315 passengers) International 68.4% (YTD 116.9%)

Fixed Base Operators (FBO)
53,974 passengers (YTD 238,888 passengers) 20.0% (YTD 32.5%)

Total passengers (Terminal and FBO)
637,195 passengers (YTD 2,908,419 passengers) Month overall 24.4% (YTD 54.7%)

Westjet is in the works to make Winnipeg a hub, so there will be more direct flights. Looking forward to that!

No, they are not……

No offence to any Peg fans on here but…..
Then I guess you will be disappointed over the next few months, because an announcement is pending. Winnipeg is also getting it's United Chicago and Denver flights back by autumn, and Detroit is rumoured to be the next US Westjet destination, although this one is still only a rumour. Then again, Los Angeles and Atlanta were also rumours, so....................................

Last edited:
Then I guess you will be disappointed over the next few months, because an announcement is pending. Winnipeg is also getting its United Chicago and Denver flights back by autumn, and Detroit is rumoured to be the next US Westjet destination, although this one is still only a rumour. Then again, Los Angeles and Atlanta were also
Then I guess you will be disappointed over the next few months, because an announcement is pending. Winnipeg is also getting it's United Chicago and Denver flights back by autumn, and Detroit is rumoured to be the next US Westjet destination, although this one is still only a rumour. Then again, Los Angeles and Atlanta were also rumours, so....................................
This is a YEG forum….go to the YWG forum if you want to discuss that particular airport

This is a YEG forum….go to the YWG forum if you want to discuss that particular airport
In reading through this thread, there have been discussions on other airports; Vancouver, Halifax, Calgary, etc. Why are you so bent out of shape over discussion regarding the Winnipeg airport?

Last edited:
Yes, the main focus is and should be here, but I don't mind to also sometimes hear about what is happening in various other airports, especially places that people from Edmonton travel to.

I want to and do learn from all the discussion here and I feel it gives us a better understanding of the big picture.

It would be very frustrating if Winnipeg had Atlanta, Chicago and Denver as important US connections. They would obviously have a significant amount of flights to Toronto as well. We need Chicago and Atlanta, no offense to Winnipeg in any way but if UA and Westjet sees Winnipeg as an important place why not Edmonton?

Westjet is in the works to make Winnipeg a hub, so there will be more direct flights. Looking forward to that!

No, Winnipeg airport & Manitoba government is giving a subsidy to WestJet for some new US routes.

Calgary YYC, Vancouver YVR & Toronto YYZ are still WestJet’s 3 main hubs in Canada 🇨🇦 with the most WS flights ✈️.

It would be very frustrating if Winnipeg had Atlanta, Chicago and Denver as important US connections. They would obviously have a significant amount of flights to Toronto as well. We need Chicago and Atlanta, no offense to Winnipeg in any way but if UA and Westjet sees Winnipeg as an important place why not Edmonton?

I think Winnipeg’s Geography location being closer to the Canada 🇨🇦/US border , compared to Edmonton YEG has some alright advantages & even for US flights both directions✅.

No, Winnipeg airport & Manitoba government is giving a subsidy to WestJet for some new US routes.

Calgary YYC, Vancouver YVR & Toronto YYZ are still WestJet’s 3 main hubs in Canada 🇨🇦 with the most WS flights ✈️.

Edmonton has more flights on WestJet than Toronto now.

Back