News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

India should be the goal. In terms of traffic very doable. I suspect south Asia traffic is a big part of why KLM is moving to 5x weekly this winter.

I imagine we will see WJ announce a Calgary-Delhi flight at some point in the near future. They have already got Seoul and Tokyo as Asian destinations, India has to be their next one and will be significantly used just based on recent population demographics. ACs Vancouver & Toronto Delhi flights are heavily used.

I imagine we will see WJ announce a Calgary-Delhi flight at some point in the near future. They have already got Seoul and Tokyo as Asian destinations, India has to be their next one and will be significantly used just based on recent population demographics. ACs Vancouver & Toronto Delhi flights are heavily used.
I don't think WestJet could do so because of Russia overflight restriction.

Oh i was not aware of this restriction? what is it?

How come AC doesn't have to deal with it or the path from Vancouver/Toronto doesn't need that path?

AC isn't currently operating Vancouver-Delhi because of the Russian airspace restriction.

How about Philippine Airlines?

(If) I’m not mistaken Philippine Airlines wants to expand their Manila to US🇺🇸 flights ✈️/ add new routes there✅ .

In Canada 🇨🇦 they’re likely add additional flights to its already existing Manila to Vancouver YVR/Toronto YYZ routes (if) they’re allowed to.

Currently WestJet doesn’t have enough Boeing 787 planes ✈️ to add the Calgary YYC Canada 🇨🇦 - Delhi India 🇮🇳 route. They only got 7 and those are currently all being used up on International flights from YYC to Europe & Tokyo Japan 🇯🇵 , seasonally to Seoul South Korea 🇰🇷,Mexico 🇲🇽 & Hawaii US🇺🇸.

(If) WS wants to add more new routes on the 787 they will need to order more of it / or lease them.

Although Air Canada does have enough Boeing 777/787 planes to do YYC -Delhi India 🇮🇳 route nonstop if they wanted to / were granted by government approval.
But that’s not happening anytime soon as Air Canada is more focused on international flights from its 3 main hubs at Toronto YYZ , Vancouver YVR & Montreal YUL.

Last edited:

Back