News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

T
"generational" -- how so? they both reached initial success within 6 years of each other. Sheryl Crow has a much deeper song catalogue of major hits -- it just seems odd that the billing is the wrong way around -- co-headliners I could understand.
it might be the case, but their target audience is significantly different, and Pink is a more widely recognized by younger generations than Sheryl, and these younger generation (mostly millennials and gen z) statistically have been accounting for the bulk of the concertgoers in venues like this.

And before you accuse me of ageism (which you always do whenever people point out that age IS a factor for many things, regardless of whether it being a positive or negative factor), I also agree that Sheryl has a much more interesting and robust setlist, and would much rather go to her concert than Pink's.
But sadly, her marketability is not as good as Pink's, nowadays.

I agree with all that you said -- ageism has nothing to do with musical taste (I am glad to hear that you would rather attend Sheryl Crow's concert than Pinks -- she is a much more professional and accomplished live performer than Pink -- we'll have to wait for the reviews to confirm that). Pink is going through a bit of a re-up these days -- she must have a good management team.

I agree with all that you said -- ageism has nothing to do with musical taste (I am glad to hear that you would rather attend Sheryl Crow's concert than Pinks -- she is a much more professional and accomplished live performer than Pink -- we'll have to wait for the reviews to confirm that). Pink is going through a bit of a re-up these days -- she must have a good management team.
I would not sell Pink short on her live performances—she's incredible. My dad is nearly 70 and went to see her last time she was here and has not stopped talking about how it might be the best concert he's ever been to.

Well I would certainly give you that they (Pink's Shows) are big productions -- part Cirque-de-Soleil-ish, part gymnastic routine, part soul-searching group-sense but from a musicality perspective they lack anything near to Sheryl Crow and her much deeper catalogue of songs.

Wow, that's huge

Back