News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

L.A. easy? did you forget about where they were in the standings most of the season? Ahead of us.
My point wasn't that L.A. was easy, it was that L.A. (if the Oilers advance) will be the weakest of the teams the Oilers are likely to play. If the Oilers are having this much trouble with the Kings--who are, let's be honest, a team with significantly less talent--what happens when the Oil face the Golden Knights, Avs, or Bruins? All of whom DID finish higher than Edmonton in the standings. The Bruins of course set an NHL record for wins.

My point wasn't that L.A. was easy, it was that L.A. (if the Oilers advance) will be the weakest of the teams the Oilers are likely to play. If the Oilers are having this much trouble with the Kings--who are, let's be honest, a team with significantly less talent--what happens when the Oil face the Golden Knights, Avs, or Bruins? All of whom DID finish higher than Edmonton in the standings. The Bruins of course set an NHL record for wins.
I think the exact opposite. I think the Knights are subpar compared to the Kings and that IF we make this round - the next 2 Western conf. rounds will be easier....than off to the Final - roll the dice.

^^^
while it's true that in some respects they had "an all-world season", over the course of that season they didn't play any more games than anyone else and it could just as easily be argued that it's more draining to play and lose than it is to play and win.

the kings are a tough team to play regardless of who is playing them and they only finished 5 points back of the oilers' all-world season points total.

i don't think you've seen the last - or the best - of the oilers so far this playoffs.

i also don't think the kings are the easiest opponent they could have expected to get in this playoffs either in this round or in subsequent rounds assuming of course they do successfully move on.

^^I'm not blind to their ridiculous season, depth and skill, but we always play them hard, well and believe that our game is different than that they are used to playing.

Pumped about tonight's Oilers game and hope to see Skinner, but understand if they select Campbell.

Regardless, this might be the game the Oilers really gut-check themselves and decide who they are and what they want to be,

*home game
*momentum in hand
*have not played great hockey in the last two games
*2-3 key players underachieving

@TravellingChris It's not only about who's the highest seed, in the playoffs. LA was probably the worst matchup for the Oilers in the west, by far. Their defensive game and dump-and-thump offense are like kryptonite to us. Add to that one of the fiercest rivalries in the league's recent history, and you have a series that is that tough. Every single hockey analyst and commentator has predicted this to be one of the, if not THE hardest series in the first round, and either LA's or Edmonton's toughest matchup. And then you have Korpisalo, who's been a beast of a player so far, and probably stole us win on game 1.

Either Vegas or Winnipeg are better matchups for us, and even the Avs don't scare me as much as LA. On the other side, I'm with Ian... Carolina scares me more than Boston, but they're both the hardest opponents we can get from the other side, if we ever make it to the cu final.

Back