News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Apparently the Oilers are in on Binnington. I can't say I would be a major proponent of this, though he has had a solid start so far. He is notoriously inconsistent which is not what the Oilers need right now.

But...

He's maybe the only goalie of his callibre that could be realistically available on the market right now. Goalies are a valuable commodity in the NHL and Binnington's temper and on/off ice issues bring down his value relative to his ability as a player. The Oilers could continue their long history of being the rehab clinic of the NHL.

San Jose up 2-1 with only 12 shots.

We cannot get a high quality chance and look discombobulated at most times.

A bit more effort, but basic mistakes continue and very few odd man opportunities.

What in the absolute F gives Oilers?

Edm-SJ will be an interesting game to watch.

Scenario 1 - key team players lay an egg to send a message to brass

Scenario 2 - we win and all is forgotten

Scenario 3 - we lose and nothing changes

Scenario 1 it is!

The bigger question is whether both Holland and Woodcroft get the can from Katz or does Woody take the bullet.

It's clear that this team needs new leadership and a coach to buy into.

*it's not even an egg, we just cannot play as a team or do basic hockey at times.

Scenario 1 it is!

The bigger question is whether both Holland and Woodcroft get the can from Katz or does Woody take the bullet.

It's clear that this team needs new leadership and a coach to buy into.

*it's not even an egg, we just cannot play as a team or do basic hockey at times.
This team was supposed to be a Stanley Cup favourite this season...it can't even beat the worst team in the league.

There are issues all over the place...goaltending, defense, scoring.

At what point do we face reality and commence a rebuild?

They make the most basic hockey mistakes I've ever seen and pair it with uninspired efforts each and every game.

Very little teamwork, no support, lazy back checking and very little fight.

Woody has to go, but so too Holland and a few others behind the scenes.

I hope McDavid calls out the organization and team.

Except for a couple of changes in the bottom six, this is the same team that had well over 100 points last season.

But this year our goaltending has dropped off, the powerplay is way less productive (we've gone from 46% efficiency last year to 23% this season) and McDavid's on pace for 16 goals this campaign and 80 points.

I think lack of success in goaltending in particular has the team deflated and shaken (especially our top 2 players) affecting everyone's play knowing that it has been an issue for so long and that it's as big an issue this year as ever meaning the team is going nowhere.

Last edited:
Skinner is experiencing the Oilers curse where no goalie since Tommy freakin' Salo can put together two good back to back seasons.

This team is completely and utterly broken. They look shell shocked. We have gotten to a point where they probably won't make the playoffs this year. Unless they turn it around right away and in a big way, they won't. Stranger things have happened, like when St Louis won the cup after being the worst team in the league in January on the back of a rookie Jordan Binnington putting up godly numbers out of nowhere (Rodrigue?). But barring some kind of miracle like that, this year is a write off.

I don't even know what to say anymore and I'm done defending this team. How can a team be so stacked on paper, and be essentially the exact same team that just put up 50 wins and won a playoff round and the year before made the Western Conference Final, now become literally the worst team in the league. They have returned to the level of fragility that they saw throughout the 17-18 and 18-19 seasons, where one slight misstep would send the entire team down a spiral of despair. But this time with even worse goaltending.

IMG_8685.jpeg

why do we keep feeding him head coaches and decent goaltenders?

Who should be the goalie coach of the Oilers?
Bill Ranford?
Sean Burke?
Dwayne Roloson?
Patrick Roy?
Kipper?
Tommy Salo?
Cujo?
Grant Fuhr?

Back