News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

McJesus with 2 goals and an assist, Drais with 3 assists - the dynamic duo is back!
Pickard stopped a penalty shot. He earned the shutout.

GEvffqObQAAisC0

Last edited:
Can the Oil make it a sweet 16?

-Perry debut (Mcleod and Hollywood)
-Unreal goaltending on both sides
-Oilers traditionally suck at afternoon starts
-Hyman gets 1-2 more to keep pace?

Can the Oil make it a sweet 16?

-Perry debut (Mcleod and Hollywood)
-Unreal goaltending on both sides
-Oilers traditionally suck at afternoon starts
-Hyman gets 1-2 more to keep pace?
I'm excited for the debut, but I think today will be a soft launch. I feel that his "true" debut will be getting under Vegas' skin after the break.

Both teams' goaltending has been exceptional, but their defense has been mediocre, and therein lies the difference, IMO. Their goalies have probably made crazier saves than ours, but are also likely more worn out.

The afternoon start thing really worries my superstitious side, but if there's one squad I feel like can probably shake the bad luck on matinees is this one. They feel impervious to most of the bad luck that usually afflicts the Oilers.

Nashville is 29's favorite team to play against. If I'm Knob, I'm playing the 18-97-29 line. If this line plays, Hyman scores a hatty!

For perspective, if the Oilers win every game they have left in the regular season, they would finish with 53 straight wins and 133 points.

Last year the Bruins finished with 135 points.

The streaks are nice - and this one is already special - but a Stanley Cup would be better.

For perspective, if the Oilers win every game they have left in the regular season, they would finish with 53 straight wins and 133 points.

Last year the Bruins finished with 135 points.

The streaks are nice - and this one is already special - but a Stanley Cup would be better.

Wow, the Bruins were so dominant last year - in the regular season. Such a shocker that they went out in first round. They are having another very impressive regular season - on pace for 119 points.

Speaking of impressive, along with Oilers 16 game win streak, the team is 24-3 since late November.

Oilers have yet to face Bruins and Avalanche yet (who are among tops in NHL) and have one game remaining against Vancouver (who we are 0-3 against but all those goes were early).

Last edited:
Vegas and then the all star break will both be big challengers to the streak staying alive.

Biggest thing is that whenever we do lose, that we bounce back quick and tie together a few more wins right after vs slumping for a handful of games. Bruins didn’t have this streak last year, but basically would lose 1 every 8 games and then win the next few weeks.

If Edmonton wins the next 3 games they will be ensconced in 2nd place in the Pacific Division with games-in-hand over both Vegas and Vancouver. Vegas on their home ice will be a challenge; the Ducks and L.A. maybe less so statistically. 3 wins will also establish a new record for the wins-in-a-row streak. I have GREAT faith in our Goalie tandem with Stu and Pic; our defensive core is proving itself game after game (thanks, P.C.); forwards could stand to be a little more aggressive, especially on lines 2, 3 and 4 -- but even there they seem to rise to the challenge when the challenge presents itself. The off-ice personalities need to be heralded -- McWonderful, Drai, Hy, N-H, Kane, Bouch (with his bouch-bomb), Foegele (same pronunciation as "Bird" in German), McL (speedster), Ek (in tandem with the Bouch), Doc, Ceci, the Gag, Corey (the Cruncher), Ryan, Mattias, the stay-at-home duo of Vin and Kulak, and Brown as the utility guy.
If there is any trade-talk, I would like to see it at the AHL level.

Back