News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

He hasn't been on a good run this season, save for one of two games here and there. I think the whole renewal thing might be affecting his mindset. Also, heard through the grapevines that he's nursing a mild shoulder injury. Don't know how much truth is in this, but it does make sense to me.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Leon is nursing a shoulder injury. A good indicator for arm/shoulder injuries is how much a player is willing to shoot. Leon hasn't been shooting the puck with near as much frequency or as well as he is capable of. There are a couple of examples I could point to even from last game where the Leon of old would have taken a hard shot from further out, instead he tries to make a play to the inside, either with a pass or trying to drive it through himself. I don't have any stats to back that up and like you said, there's notihing official, just rumours. But that alone leads me to believe that he's nursing something. Also, his trademark "sweep shot" one timer from the low circle hasn't been near as effective this season as in past. I'm guessing due to a combination of a possible injury and goalies likely know about the low play to Draisaitl for the one-timer and are more prepared to stop it as a result. I still think he's distributing the puck well though. Threw a couple hits last night which is a good sign too. Overall not his best performance, but I'm not worried about him come playoff time. He seems to have trouble getting engaged for Regular Season games.

Pickard is looking incredible... something you cannot say about the rest of the Oilers tonight thus far. Seriously boys, WTF.

We had a PP early in the first with what 0 or 1 shots?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Leon is nursing a shoulder injury. A good indicator for arm/shoulder injuries is how much a player is willing to shoot. Leon hasn't been shooting the puck with near as much frequency or as well as he is capable of. There are a couple of examples I could point to even from last game where the Leon of old would have taken a hard shot from further out, instead he tries to make a play to the inside, either with a pass or trying to drive it through himself. I don't have any stats to back that up and like you said, there's notihing official, just rumours. But that alone leads me to believe that he's nursing something. Also, his trademark "sweep shot" one timer from the low circle hasn't been near as effective this season as in past. I'm guessing due to a combination of a possible injury and goalies likely know about the low play to Draisaitl for the one-timer and are more prepared to stop it as a result. I still think he's distributing the puck well though. Threw a couple hits last night which is a good sign too. Overall not his best performance, but I'm not worried about him come playoff time. He seems to have trouble getting engaged for Regular Season games.
I thought the same think watching replays of his shooting in the All Stars skill competition... Hopefully the break will have been good for him despite the All-Star activities and that last night's goal is an indication of that.

We really are a 3rd period team, aren't we. KANE!
---
This is Hilarious...

---

I am PUMPED for tonight's Kings/Oilers game though. L.A. is going to be coming out with all gun firing and given their new coach, I suspect it will be a gut check effort for Edmonton to pull this one out in their barn.
Why does he always get away with this stuff? Why is he so special?

Oil game tonight......last game we hit up the Parlour for their HH - it was PACKED - barely got a table for 2. Tonight I'm thinking of doing CRAFT / Bianco - with the little one. Too bad Sorrentino's DT doesn't have a lounge or bar......they'd be so much more popular if they downsized their dining room into something a little more casual.

Oil game tonight......last game we hit up the Parlour for their HH - it was PACKED - barely got a table for 2. Tonight I'm thinking of doing CRAFT / Bianco - with the little one. Too bad Sorrentino's DT doesn't have a lounge or bar......they'd be so much more popular if they downsized their dining room into something a little more casual.
It's called BUCO in EPCOR Tower and t's a nice little lounge...

8-4, but much closer than it needed to be.

Truly a 3rd period team.

McDavid with 6 assists!

Our PP/PK needs attention still.

I wanted to look at Buco's menu but their website is buggered, so I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Truly a 3rd period team.

McDavid with 6 assists!

McJesus! That is all.
Though I'm curious to know why Janmark was scratched?

Truly a 3rd period team.

McDavid with 6 assists!

Well, no PP tonight.

What's up with LA? 2nd game with new coach after a strong 4-0 win over the Oilers and then lose 7-0 to Buffalo.

VGK lost last night so moving closer to 2nd. Canucks continue to win.

Last edited:
Love Buco……question…..I remember going to their soft opening in 2017(?) in a building behind a freshly opened Rogers Place - in a weirdly odd choice of a location……an old Reno’d industrial building. Curious as to why they spent all that money there, only to move into Epcor a few years later?

No PP with DET, correct, but our special teams need to step up if we want a real chance.
After that lull halfway through the 2nd……I was the one screaming at the ice for the Oil “to get their game going.” Their lousey goaltending allowed our sub par effort to win.

Back