News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Agreed. 73 has really improved this year and while I was a very harsh critic, I am impressed at his progress and once he adds a bit more mass he will be very hard to play against.

Look at this!

1709438792273.png

Skinner had another standout game that kept us in it until the rest of the team put one leg out of bed.

37 had a good effort too.

Seattle is a hard team to play against, but man oh man our forwards need to start making plays.

Defensive pairings changed up tonight.

Top pairing remains and Nurse with Vinny and Kulak/Ceci. Seem to work well tonight but granted it was against a tired and deflated Penguins team that blew a late 2 goal lead against Flames late last night.

Would like to see these new pairings again.

What a team effort with solid games from almost everyone.

Shame about not getting #30 his SO, but he will surely take that one.

Can Hyman hit 50?

Will McJesus snag the Art Ross?

This was by far the best this team has played since the All Star break.

Pickard was solid and, while not really challenged that much, this is more a merit of the defensive play than anything, so I'll take it as a net positive.

Hyman is on pace for 57, based on the whole season, but if recency is any indication, I would not be shocked if he hit 60+. He won't win the Rocket Richard (that's Matthews, and there's no one that can stop him), but he'll still be well above 50, IMO.

If we only consider the "Knob era", McJesus is on a 1.88 point per game which, if maintained, puts him on pace for about 140 points +-2. That's the same range as Kucherov, and about 5 more points than MacKinnon. Kuch is still the outright favourite to win, but I'd say there's about a 50% chance he wins, a 40% #97 takes it and about 10% for MacKinnon.

Take note Sid!! Come win one more cup!!

That will tighten up even more when the Oilers have played as many games as TB and Col.
We have 4 and 3 games respectively in hand.
Yes. With the pace he's on (Knob era), he'll pass MacKinnon when we have as many games as Colorado and be either tied of only one point behind Kuch when we reach the TBL.

It's also worthy noting that Draisatl has been on a year as well. He went from 19th to 9th on the league in the span of just over two weeks. He's on pace for 43 goals and 109 points considering the whole season. If we count his "Knob era" pace, he's at 1.46 points per game, and is on pace for 112 points and 45 goals, with a recent string of almost 2 points per game in the past month.

He probably won't catch Pasta, but I wouldn't be surprised if he came very close.

The most impressive part of all this is how both #29 and #97 have also evolved as 2-way forwards this season. It feels like they were "focusing on learning" how to improve their defensive game early on and now have found a way to combine that with their killer instincs.

Last edited:
For context, McDavid's Knob era pace would give him 154 points over 82 games (higher than last season's) and Draisatl would give him 120 over 82 games (the second highest in his career).

One last silly number: if for some reason McDavid could combine his highest goal per game and assist per game stats (2022-23 and "post Knob" 2023-24, respectively), he'd be on a 180+ points range.

His post Knoblauch assist pace is basically Draisatl's post Knob POINT pace (1.45).

This is the kind of stuff we haven't seen since Gretzky and Lemieux.

What a vote of confidence coming back in the last few minutes and then an OT win over the Bruins!

Skinner and Ullmark were both very good; it felt like everyone was tentative as if it was a game #1 of a deep, deep series.

This did highlight our need for depth scoring though.

GO OILERS GO!

Back