News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What a wicked story! Another example of what makes the Oil org so special! The flamers have no such fans

Last edited:
Two goals, two poor D zone plays and 1 where we had 3 guys around and not one D or F took their open man out front.

This team.

Not too impressed with Perry as of late.

Bouchard with a lot of giveaways tonight.

Last edited:
A big extra point tonight and only because of Skinner's work in OT on 2-3 very good chances for the Blues.

We certainly do not make it easy on ourselves, do we.

Last edited:
A bit extra point tonight and only because of Skinner's work in OT on 2-3 very good chances for the Blues.

The OT might be my fault.
Every single time I go to a game in a major league for the first time it goes to OT. 😂
Happened in the NBA, NFL and now the NHL.

That said, I genuinely got a bit emotional today. First live Oilers (and NHL game), with a win, a great performance by the guy whose jersey a was wearing (Skinner) and I got a puck!!!! It was also the first time I sang the National Anthem at a public event, as a Canadian citizen. Lots of core memories being created today. The energy in the arena was absolutely fantastic, the random convos, celebrating with strangers like they were family...

To echo the sentiment of the Twitter thread we were commenting on before, moments like these are a reminder of why I love this city, and how hockey and the Oilers are a big part of that.

That's it, end of emotional babble.

Now to the game itself:
I partially agree with whoever said that they are not impressed with Perry lately. He's been a non-factor in the past couple of games, it's true. But I also believe that the line shuffles have impacted his productivity.
I also believe he'll be a more valuable asset in the playoffs, or in games vs gritty, physical teams, where emotions run high (big rivalries).

Draisatl has been ALL OVER THE ICE the whole game. His backcheck has been particularly outstanding, but overall, he's playing a 200ft game, every shift, for the past 2 games, at least. Same for McDavid. I will not be shocked if 97 wins the Selke this year.

Nurse and Ceci seem to no longer have any chemistry whatsoever. I counted at least 5 times when they skated into each other's ways and generated turnovers or disrupted what could've been a good start to a play up the ice. We need to upgrade on Ceci, SOON!

Bouchard needs to cut back on the turnovers and giveaways. He'll end up costing us games, when Stu and Ekholm (and today, Draisatl and McDavid, more than once) can't bail him out. I get it that he's an offensive d-man, b7t he's still a d-man.

We DESPERATELY NEED to upgrade the bottom 6. Janmark, Foegele and McLeod are too streaky, Brown cannot score to save his life and Holloway is too inexperienced. I know Foegele has been playing top 6, but he's not a legit top 6 forward.

Anyways, a win is a win, and that's what matters right now. But we need pieces to help win a cup.

A big extra point tonight and only because of Skinner's work in OT on 2-3 very good chances for the Blues.

It’s almost like they do it on purpose…..play the worst opening 5 minutes in all of professional sports and mount a comeback.

Don't look now but Bouchard has officially put up the highest season points total for an Oilers defencemen since 1987 and there are still 25 games left to go. Just passed Pronger's 05-06 totals.

Yes, he has some real defensive issues, but he's only 24 and his offensive play is absolutely elite. We used to dream of a dman who could make a three line stretch pass for a goal like last night. Lots of time to fine tune his defensive structure.

Not all D men need to be D men, but his partner needs to be very cognizant of that and play back, cover off and better predict those risky plays.

Not all D men need to be D men, but his partner needs to be very cognizant of that and play back, cover off and better predict those risky plays.
Thank god for Mattias Ekholm.
We now need a similar pair for Nurse and we'll have ourselves two VERY dangerous defensive pairings.
We might even be able to do this "in-house" not too far into the future. Out of all the crazy changes Knob made when he switched the pairings, the Vinny-Nurse one was actually my favorite.
Give Vinny another season and he might step up well I that role. He's been VERY solid lately.

Back