What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
While overall I still don't love the 'wall' that Stationlands forms (primarily due to the Epcor Tower's wide design), this is indeed turning out to be a very nice build. The materials work very well together, some unique spaces, all in all tremendous result. Can't wait for more!

While overall I still don't love the 'wall' that Stationlands forms (primarily due to the Epcor Tower's wide design), this is indeed turning out to be a very nice build. The materials work very well together, some unique spaces, all in all tremendous result. Can't wait for more!
Yup, and the new 'Roundhouse Park' they are building should bridge the gap between 103A Ave, the RAM and Chinatown quite nicely.

I have also heard that Yorkton, who owns Pacific Rim Mall, are looking at rezoning their parking lot at the west side of their property. Currently, it's Direct Control for towers, so they want to rezone to allow something around 4 - 8 storeys (midrise) as it makes more sense financially. If that happens, we should see Chinatown really start to change for the better as more people living in the area will help BIG TIME.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 12.01.34 PM.png

EPCOR Tower was never designed to “stand alone”…

The width seems somewhat similar to the Edmonton Tower but perhaps more noticeable due to the design, location, position and lack of taller buildings right nearby.

I agree the residential building is very nice and enhances it.

Desperately need to get the lot south developed and the joeys lot developed as well.

I believe Allard owns that parking lot on the SE corner of 101 St/104 Ave - and we know how much Allard loves their parking lots!

I believe Allard owns that parking lot on the SE corner of 101 St/104 Ave - and we know how much Allard loves their parking lots!
Sometimes I imagine what it would look like if we had towers on that lot, the lot across (directly across from Edmonton tower and Joey's) and the "trophy tower" site owned by Katz. Now that would give off some seriously big city vibes and give a huge shot in the arm for downtown.

Sometimes I imagine what it would look like if we had towers on that lot, the lot across (directly across from Edmonton tower and Joey's) and the "trophy tower" site owned by Katz. Now that would give off some seriously big city vibes and give a huge shot in the arm for downtown.

How about a mixed-use tower with an Alt Hotel and an IMAX movie theatre?

I think the second tower on Stationlands would be great in creating the visual density we want to see.
As for Katz's land, I'm actually ok right now with the paved program space he has, but I'd love to see the block to the north (where the Boyle street was) developed. The fact that Japanese Village is now in the strip along the main road is a hopeful sign that this block could start attracting more attention.

Back