What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Oh man do I ever want to see what a 280m Dub-designed tower looks like

@archited You don't expect new renders until the fall? Last update I had from the head of Sales on this project was that they were in the final stages of parcel amalgamation with the CoE which would subsequently enable real progress on the next steps (detailed building plans, retail & hospitality contracts, etc). Sounding like your update supports the timelines I has heard as well. Very curious to see whether they go public this Summer/Fall with a large media campaign in front of 2020.

Last edited:
@Hqcan the construction documents being prepared with Gene Dub as architect will require a time frame that includes the summer and the early fall. This is a very large project that requires extensive engineering (hillside plus unstable subsoil conditions). Without specific knowledge, I am quite sure that at Architect/Client meetings a great deal of information gets traded, and, while this project is grander than the scope that Alldritt is used to, the principals of that company are nonetheless conversant with design technology terminology. They undoubtedly want to get all of their ducks in a row before making any major announcements or releasing renderings portraying design concepts. That said, I believe Alldritt clearly understands that they have a winner here, not the least of which relates to their incredible site. And proximity to the convention centre doesn't hurt either. But to your comments specifically, I am confident that we won't see anything until late fall or possibly winter in terms of project details. Their schedule is to build their sales centre (possibly across Jasper from the site) next spring (2020) with construction starting later that year. They don't expect completion until the summer of 2023.

makes sense. And I should clarify that my engagement with the head of sales was back in January, where she highlighted that things were progressing at a breakneck speed with the CoE and should be closing out in a few weeks.

Regardless, the key is both of us are hearing the same around how Aldritt sees this project with respect to viability. Specifically I've heard that, given this is the last River Valley & Jasper Ave fronted lot, with 280m in height provision (critical to justify base CapEx costs) and still in the heart of our DT core (along with convention center & mass transit tie-ins, as you've pointed out), expectations are high that they can leverage these items to monetize this project into a high class RoI. Most promising is that this is not simply an internally held view and the degree of interest from potential retail/hospitality/commercial partners has been high.

Exactly, @Hqcan and well put! I, for one have already given my name in for a 2-bedroom condo plus 5,000 square feet (500 sq. metres) of Retail and Office space in the project. One of my companies specializes in high-end custom furniture (specifically designed for small urban condos and apartments) that is multi-functional and convertible and I see this project as a perfect location for a retail showroom and head office for the Canadian Market. I believe that this project will constitute the necessary catalyst that sees the Quarters built out.

Last edited:
Great to hear of the current updates on this project. I really liked Kennedy's involvement, but now am more super stoked with the transition to Dub design. Curious the reasons why, and if there's an increased money/time outcome? What are the reasons for change in design team? Just curious, that's all.
Like everyone, I can't wait to see renders\details, and 'shovels in' diggin that slope. Tomorrow would be nice.
My one wish is a public observation addition to the design spec's. Well that, and more than 10 floors of hotel, a multi brand of 20-30 would be nice. Oh, and around 325 m...

I feel like Kennedy has been involved in a lot of initial renders on numerous projects only to be replaced by another firm. I'd have to dig through threads to name which ones, but it is definitely a trend that I have noticed since I have been on skyrise.

Back