"In an update on Monday morning, Marigold Infrastructure Partners said that while the work that was scheduled to be done by the end of August will be completed on schedule, the company will keep the roadway closed “to accelerate additional work and help minimize impacts on Edmontonians in 2025.”

This section of SPR has to be the trickiest part of the LRT, with about eight or nine blocks of intersections. I hope that there can be headway made on the tracks and bridge.

That's good. I'm assuming they'll be widening the sidewalks to accommodate a MUP instead of the currently narrow crossing?
Desperately needed for 102ave.

But closing Wellington before the opening of the valley line seems poorly thought out unless there’s absolutely no way it can wait another 2 years.

Imagine the opportunity to invite ridership along the new train line when traffic is bottlenecked from construction. Instead, we’re going to close 102ave before the train opens, making people hate the train even more for taking away car lanes.

The opportunity is there, but looks like it won’t be seized.

Desperately needed for 102ave.

But closing Wellington before the opening of the valley line seems poorly thought out unless there’s absolutely no way it can wait another 2 years.

Imagine the opportunity to invite ridership along the new train line when traffic is bottlenecked from construction. Instead, we’re going to close 102ave before the train opens, making people hate the train even more for taking away car lanes.

The opportunity is there, but looks like it won’t be seized.
The bridge project site seems to indicate that it will not be demolished until the VLW is open.

The bridge project site seems to indicate that it will not be demolished until the VLW is open.
This page? I’m seeing 2025 everywhere. I imagine “coordinate with LRT construction” simply means SPR bridge opening, but not the train.

AB2CAF7D-CB05-49B1-AFD5-647248453889.jpeg

This page? I’m seeing 2025 everywhere. I imagine “coordinate with LRT construction” simply means SPR bridge opening, but not the train.

View attachment 589536
I guess you're right, the only access in that stretch will be on SPR. It might not be a big deal though, 107th and 111th are probably picking up the slack.

If you're a resident do you really want the construction in your area to be extended another 3-5 years? I don't think I would.

Last edited:
I guess you're right, the only access in that stretch will be on SPR. It might now be a big deal though, 107th and 111th are probably picking up the slack.

If you're a resident do you really want the construction in your area to be extended another 3-5 years? I don't think I would.
Yeah, fair point on construction dragging in for those nearby.

I’m moreso thinking about how bad traffic already is heading into downtown from west. 107&111 are pretty far out of the way. The vast majority of people going downtown from the west end are south of SPR and are heading places south of 104ave downtown. So going up to 107 is a pretty big detour for many. Especially if super congested.

Vs teach all those people how to jump on the train at Lewis farms, WEM, or meadowlark for a year. That’d be cool to see if we timed it.

Back