So far, the city's project tracking sitewith the latest update posted in June 2023.
Where do you see the update date? If it's at the very bottom, that date is on every project page - including ones that are very out of date (like how the Fort Road page says a milestone is expected in spring 2023: https://building.edmonton.ca/projects/eB-10529?categoryId=all:&tab=list). I'm sure the VLW page is still up to date (at least relatively), but it might not be as of June. Just putting it out there since I've seen the date at the bottom referenced before, and I'd love to know if there's something I'm missing.

Trucks were parked on the tracks at Muttart Station today. They also were doing some work on the north side of the Tawatina Bridge with a... picker/winch? Crane? Not exactly sure but there were several boats down on the water along the bank. Tons of people out and about using the bridge though even on a Monday afternoon.

I estimate about 3.2 km between Strathearn and 102 Street Stations. If the original plan was to do Valley Line work south of Whitemud on weekends, I'm guessing that service could commence in September with downtown closures on weekends or after hours to complete any remaining work.

I estimate about 3.2 km between Strathearn and 102 Street Stations. If the original plan was to do Valley Line work south of Whitemud on weekends, I'm guessing that service could commence in September with downtown closures on weekends or after hours to complete any remaining work.
Original plan was south of Whitemud once the line opened, as I mentioned last week in a post as well.

"Cables south of Whitemud Drive to Mill Woods will be swapped out after the line opens to the public, meaning trips southward could be disrupted during extended maintenance periods on weekends, early mornings and weekends while replacements are underway. Repairs could also be done at night.
“Ultimately, we intend to upgrade them all, however the upgrades in the south are planned for after the line opens,” Lindskoog said. “One way is to only make the changes during the short late-night maintenance period when trains are not running. Obviously, this would take time. That is why we are working quickly now during the independent certification period to upgrade as many cables as possible.”

^Why did TransEd say that cable installation south of the Whitemud was complete, with trains being tested?

F3lYeipWwAAA_rS

...I think they need to get rid those trees that are blocking the intersections.
this is edmonton - those trees won't be big enough to block the intersection when they're put in and they won't survive long enough to get big enough to block the intersection.

Back