News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

What do you believe should be done on the Eglinton Corridor?

• Do Nothing

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Build the Eglinton Crosstown LRT as per Transit City

Votes: 140 36.9%
  • Revive the Eglinton Subway

Votes: 226 59.6%
  • Other (Explain in post)

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
It must be something in the drinking water. I personally would take a Davisville or Yorkdale styled station any day over a concrete montrosity like the stops of the Sheppard Line.

Interesting that their stations cost $29 million while ours are costing, what, $300 million now? Sure they're shorter, but one tenth the cost?

No bus transfer area, one entrance only, no collectors booth, no fare gates. The concourse level has the same footprint as the platform level reducing excavation and finishing costs. Plus, $29 million is the marginal cost of adding a station to a section that already would have had tunnel and tracks, so that likely reduces the perceived cost.

In comparison here it says Steeles West comes in at $145 million according to this.

But yeah, have we ever seen studies that say Eglinton will reach or exceed 15,000 pdh at any point along the line in the next 50 years? If the Canada Line can meet that with 50m long platforms, then maybe build 75m long ones along Eglinton for extra margin and call it a day.

How is the Eglinton LRT going to leave Kennedy Station? The station is quite busy, with four floors. Is it going to have an underground stop?

Interesting that their stations cost $29 million while ours are costing, what, $300 million now? Sure they're shorter, but one tenth the cost?
The average price for a new station is significantly shorter than $300-million!

How do these compare to the proposed cost of stations on the Eglinton line? Surely they are the most compable.

How is the Eglinton LRT going to leave Kennedy Station? The station is quite busy, with four floors. Is it going to have an underground stop?

Well, if Eglinton gets built as ICTS, it could end up just continuing as the SRT. Is there room there for a through station on the SRT level without insane modifications?

Well, if Eglinton gets built as ICTS, it could end up just continuing as the SRT. Is there room there for a through station on the SRT level without insane modifications?
The existing SRT level, or the proposed underground rebuild of the station?

The existing SRT level, or the proposed underground rebuild of the station?

Existing level, Looking at google maps it seems could just graft an incoming line onto the loop track, and go through onto the SRT track.

Would solve the two transfer problem for SRT users to get downtown. I wonder if Metrolinx will win out in the LRT v. ICTS fight.

Ideally, the Eglinton should continue past Kennedy to Kingston Rd. There's a lot of activity past Kennedy as well. It makes no sense to force passengers to get off just to go a few blocks.

Existing level, Looking at google maps it seems could just graft an incoming line onto the loop track, and go through onto the SRT track.
I don't see the point given they first proposed to move it down to the mezzanine, and they've since proposed to replace with LRT.

Even the TTC doesn't find running the 34 bus past Kennedy outside of peak periods worthwhile. There must be a reason why the services that continue past the end of Eglinton are considered an acceptable level of service. Likely not many continuing passengers.

I don't see the point given they first proposed to move it down to the mezzanine, and they've since proposed to replace with LRT.

Well, if the province (through Metrolinx) decides to runs ICTS on Eglinton, why not make it a through route. I thought people were complaining about the amount of transfers on here!;)

No bus transfer area, one entrance only, no collectors booth, no fare gates. The concourse level has the same footprint as the platform level reducing excavation and finishing costs. Plus, $29 million is the marginal cost of adding a station to a section that already would have had tunnel and tracks, so that likely reduces the perceived cost.

Olympic Village Station was also built on the site of the TBM entry pit - so the station footprint was essentially already excavated.

Pics of that station here:
http://canadalinephotos.blogspot.com/search/label/Olympic Village

Station Plan:
village1hg7.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if the province (through Metrolinx) decides to runs ICTS on Eglinton, why not make it a through route.
... uh, I guess ... but there's been absolutely no recent discussion of this happening from anywhere other than a few folks in this forum. And there's been a lot of talk of getting rid of ICTS on the SRT ... so I'm not sure the point in discussing - outside of some fantasy or alternate reality thread.

Last edited:

Back