News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Since when is an oversized flag pole a draw for tourists? This isn't even Mother Canada calibre.

AoD

I would counter with the six-storey tall rubber duck that sailed into Toronto's waterfront recently. I was there and the people loved the duck. However, the politicians and the critics had a field day in applying Canadian criticism to this event. However, thousand of tourists came and spent their dollars and invested into the local economy. I met people there from Germany, Mexico, United States, South America and and other countries from around the world. If a humble six-storey duck can get people excited here in Toronto just think what a 125 meter tall flagpole would do. You know where I'm going with this and the point I'm trying to make...

I would counter with the six-storey tall rubber duck that sailed into Toronto's waterfront recently. I was there and the people loved the duck. However, the politicians and the critics had a field day in applying Canadian criticism to this event. However, thousand of tourists came and spent their dollars and invested into the local economy. I met people there from Germany, Mexico, United States, South America and and other countries from around the world. If a humble six-storey duck can get people excited here in Toronto just think what a 125 meter tall flagpole would do. You know where I'm going with this and the point I'm trying to make...

One is a piece of transient artwork that is already well publicized elsewhere, with a good dose of humour. What does a flagpole have that matches that level of interest? In any case, we shall see when the process plays itself out.

AoD

Last edited:
Interesting Youtube clip of 122 meter flagpole in the United States. The construction process most likely would be the same for the proposed flagpole at Finch and Arrow. Enjoy...

Last edited:
Emery Village - First Nations Park
New park proposal.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2017.EY24.49

I read somewhere that it will be located at the end of the new Zappacosta Dr on the hydro ROW. I can't find the source right now.

new park.JPG

Attachments

• new park.JPG
    new park.JPG
    516.9 KB · Views: 917
^^^ 48 Acres? Is there that many acres there? Sure doesn't look like there is on Google maps.

Yes you are correct, this should go under Rexdale thread as it's in Mount Olive or Thistletown. I will delete the threads and post them in the Rexdale thread. Although Emery Village is also now park of Etobicoke York district not North York.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct they are two different areas. The Emery Village BIA looks to consist of parts of the following neighbourhoods: Humbermede (Emery), Humber Summit, and Pelmo Park - Humberlea. As you mentioned this development is outside the BIA and the neighbourhood.

I found this boundary map on the city website:

97c8-Emery-Village-BIA-page-001.jpg

Attachments

• 97c8-Emery-Village-BIA-page-001.jpg
    97c8-Emery-Village-BIA-page-001.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 990
A proposal to build 6 detached homes has been submitted to the city at 2996 Weston road.

2djnl6u.jpg

Site plan
30t5t8i.png

architectural design
1ztdmu.jpg

Shopping centre Sheppard West & Weston Rd.

This new shopping centre had been postponed since 2016 but now it seems like construction will start this fall. Confirmed tenants: Starbucks, Wendys, Mucho burrito, Sunset Grill Hasty Market and Osmows. With the new development next door this should have been built long ago.

This layout in the broker website does not match the site plans
2u7m1kh.png

Tenants
1111kjb.png

Site Plan
Sunset Grill and Starbucks will be located in Building D,

Wendys and Mucho Burrito will be in Building A

Starbuck and Wendys will have a drive thru
2i9qn3m.png

Back